OT: 2016 Takes Another Music Legend... | The Boneyard

OT: 2016 Takes Another Music Legend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Many may not realize that Maurice was the heart and soul of EWandF. He wrote, co-wrote and produced all of their hits. Their stage show with that large band was exciting, inventive and at times bombastic. The musicianship was always of the highest level. Their vocals and harmonies nonpareil. Maurice was sick a long time. I hope he has found all health, peace and harmony in his new found endeavor. Here he will be missed like none other.

Reaction Score
We also lost Paul Kantner of Jefferson Airplane. The sounds of my youth are fading....:(

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I've seen quotes where Maurice felt it was EW& goal to bring true joy to people, not just to entertain or what not. (I forget his exact words but you get the point.)

In my case, they did that! My formative years would not have been the same without the amazing, soothing, funky and horn-filled sounds of EW&F, much of it due to Maurice as the driving force. They were a mainstay of my youth and when the 80s rolled around, they served as a great musical counterbalance to the big-hair rock bands and also synth-driven pop that proliferated then.

And can I get a shout out for the Phenix [sic] Horns!!!

mr006

Reaction Score
We also lost Paul Kantner of Jefferson Airplane. The sounds of my youth are fading....:(

Ironically, Signe Toly Anderson, Airplane's original female lead singer, passed away the same day.

Reaction Score
May he rest in peace.

My favorites are "Shining Star" and "Singasong"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members