#20 UConn @ UMass-Lowell (Tuesday 2/9/21 @ Tsongas Center @ 5p on NESN) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

#20 UConn @ UMass-Lowell (Tuesday 2/9/21 @ Tsongas Center @ 5p on NESN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We didn’t play well. Lucky to get to overtime. Regroup for the weekend.

Reaction Score
Still grabbed one point which isn’t terrible but gotta play strong this weekend

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, now that I’ve had an hour to cool off I’ll say this...not UConns best effort, but they almost overcame all the mistakes. UConn was its own worst enemy tonight, but to UMLs credit, they beat us to a lot of loose pucks when it mattered. Uconn has a good group and they will win when it matters most. Tough losses can be overcome. Tonight’s loss was not from lack of effort or talent...the puck just didn't bounce UConn’s way.

Reaction Score
I like karashik a lot but that play cost them the win. It is what it is. You learn from it and move on..at least you hope they learn from it.
Also, When you have a number next to your name theres a greater chance for the opponent to up its game even if it's just 10% more... that could be all it takes. Maybe an unranked uconn team pulls this out

Reaction Score
Karasheik does way more good stuff than bad. Even Brady throws a pick from time to time. To me he seems like a great leader on the ice.
As a team they came up short...on to Providence. Who here wouldn’t take a 4 point weekend?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Karasheik does way more good stuff than bad. Even Brady throws a pick from time to time. To me he seems like a great leader on the ice.
As a team they came up short...on to Providence. Who here wouldn’t take a 4 point weekend?
Totally agree.

Reaction Score
First time I watched them all year. And picked game up in second period. Will say this. Their neutral zone and defenaive zone discipline is light years ahead of previous years. Much more aggressive and fewer odd man rushes. I was impressed. The outcome was a bummer but they look like a more complete team

Reaction Score
I thought everything looked just a bit off last night. Passes just missing their mark by inches. Shot just off. Defense misjudging guys by just a bit. And we just always struggle with Lowell. Interesting comment by Connelly I think that Cav has modeled his approach on Lowell. If that is true, it might explain some of the problems we have with those guys.

And I have to say that I truly hate 3-3 gimmicky overtime. It just isn’t real hockey. I get it is designed to get more winners but it isn’t hockey. If getting a winner is so important, why give a point to the loser and only 2 rather than 3 to the winner? Talk about mixed messages...

Reaction Score
4 by 4 hockey is open enough. Just do 4 on 4. 3 on 3 is not close to hockey. You have players constantly taking it out of their own zone to reset. what the hell is that??????

Gordie Howe is rolling over in his grave at the thought.

Reaction Score
I suppose in this bizarre year it is fine to experiment since everything is nuts.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
First time I watched them all year. And picked game up in second period. Will say this. Their neutral zone and defenaive zone discipline is light years ahead of previous years. Much more aggressive and fewer odd man rushes. I was impressed. The outcome was a bummer but they look like a more complete team
Welcome...keep watching...I haven’t missed a game and it’s been fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom