#2 North Carolina St vs #1 Louisville - 3/07/21 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#2 North Carolina St vs #1 Louisville - 3/07/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
On the first team for the ACCT, 2 NC State players (Crutchfield and Cunane) and 3 Louisville players (Evans, Van Lith and Smith).

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
ALL-ACC TOURNAMENT
First team
Elissa Cunane, NC State (MVP)
Kai Crutchfield, NC State
Dana Evans, Louisville
Kianna Smith, Louisville
Hailey Van Lith, Louisville

Second team
Lorela Cubaj, Georgia Tech
Emily Engstler, Syracuse
Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech
Jewel Spear, Wake Forest
Cameron Swartz, Boston College

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
On the first team for the ACCT, 2 NC State players (Crutchfield and Cunane) and 3 Louisville players (Evans, Van Lith and Smith).
That’s always an awkward look.

Who would have been the next selection from NC State, IYO?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
That’s always an awkward look.

Who would have been the next selection from NC State, IYO?
I would have at least put Raina Perez or Jada Boyd on 2nd Team. NC State didn't shoot well during the tournament...which is why neither Jones, Brown-Turner or Boyd were considered. It seems whoever produced the All-Tournament teams went strictly by scoring totals and overlooked the other statistics. Boyd had a big game against Virginia Tech and was a big reason we won that game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Evans definitely made the all-tourney team based on reputation rather then her play. 14-47 shooting, 10 assists (none in the championship game) and 8 turnovers.

Reaction Score
NC State wasn’t going to let Evans beat them. NC St swarmed with their length and blocked several of her passes from the paint that never reached able shooters. They played her well. She had to take 21 shots to score 15. 7-21. Credit Crutchfield & Co.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No...but it was INTENSE. My heart was about to beat out of my chest.

I just knew when Evans released that last THREE that it would swish through the hoop.
I thought the same

Reaction Score
And according to her, a year ago at this time, she was not aware of NC State.
That's the part of her story that makes me chuckle every time. I wonder how many times Coach Moore has said "THANK YOU" to her brother.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
That's the part of her story that makes me chuckle every time. I wonder how many times Coach Moore has said "THANK YOU" to her brother.
What I find remarkable is that a WCBB player would not be aware of what is happening on the national stage and who the best teams are. Maybe the lives of student-athletes are so busy that they can't keep track of all those things like fans do.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
good job State.. I'll have to watch the game on replay.. i assume its still available.

I honestly thought I would be well enough to be able to drive over and attend the game on Sunday..... I was incorrect.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
good job State.. I'll have to watch the game on replay.. i assume its still available.

I honestly thought I would be well enough to be able to drive over and attend the game on Sunday..... I was incorrect.
Welcome back, my friend. If you haven't seen the game...it was INTENSE. That 4th quarter was off the chain!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom