'17 Commit: After Bouncing From House To House, (Robert) Holmes Hopes To Settle With UConn Football | The Boneyard

'17 Commit: After Bouncing From House To House, (Robert) Holmes Hopes To Settle With UConn Football

Reaction Score
"Heading into his junior year, Holmes had scholarship offers from Michigan State, Miami, Auburn and others, but those Power Five offers were rescinded in the wake of his knee injury."

Their loss is our gain.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He ran a 5.1 second forty which is incredible. I know he had an ACL injury in his junior year but I feel he may be UConn best recruit in this class

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Obviously a feel good chapter in a rough life so far.

This is exactly the type of player Edsall 1.0 excelled in developing.

I remember Edsall discussing recruiting and talking about how much more there is to develop in a recruit vice having a near finished product.

He mentioned kids who have played with position coaches since Pop Warner, gone to camps since grade school and have been in weight and conditioning programs their whole HS careers. You know as a coach what you see on film from that player is what you are getting from that player on college. Little left to develop.

Compare that to Holmes. You can easily see him slimming??? down to 320-325 and being thick as a shitbrickhouse. With a nasty streak.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hoping that UConn can be the springboard to a great future life for this kid. I think he's got a great chance to be an impact player and a real road grinder at RT. I can imagine him, in a year, getting out and flattening people on outside runs to his side.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kudos to Anthony and his editor for burying The Blind Side until the second to last paragraph.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom