Men - #15 UConn v. Creighton Bluejays @ Elliott Ballpark (Fri. 5/6/22 @3:05p, Sat. 5/7/22 @1:05p on CW20 & Sun. 5/8/22 @11:05a) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Men #15 UConn v. Creighton Bluejays @ Elliott Ballpark (Fri. 5/6/22 @3:05p, Sat. 5/7/22 @1:05p on CW20 & Sun. 5/8/22 @11:05a)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
UConn is undefeated when I get to go. Here are my takes from today:

1) Enzo I think was affected by the wind. He walked a few guys and got squeezed a few times. He was doing what he does and then in the 5th, after the first out, he lost it. I had mentioned in earlier post that the pitch calls were fastball, fastball and I think Enzo's lack of control affected the pitch calling. I am not concerned at all about him as I find it hard to believe he will have to pitch in a wind tunnel like that again this year.

2) Devin Kirby- outstanding. Pounded the zone and his delivery makes his 88 mph fastball seem faster. This was the Kirby I think Penders and Coach Mac recruited before the Tommy John surgery. Another weapon out of the pen which now has Coe, O'Donnell Afthim, Cooke? Sullivan and Willis. I don't remember having that many guys we could count on and there are other arms out there that haven't had a chance in a while to show where they are at this point of the season.

3) Matt Donlan is playing as well as a UConn catcher has. We have been lucky through the years with backstops. This guy has a gun and I compare him to Roberto Hernandez gunning people out in his freshman year behind the plate. Plus Matt has some wheels and gets timely hits. I can't believe this- but we didn't lose much if anything when Pat Winkel left to the pros.

4) Eric Stock is a hitter. He has gotten better and better in his time here and he also made a nifty play on a foul ball near the wall late in the game.

5) TC is about to turn it around. As I watched him and Bushling go opposite field a few times, I felt like they were doing the things necessary to get going again.

6) Our defense is consistently good. That was the biggest difference between us and Creighton. Their 1-5 in the lineup are good, but after that there is a little respite for the pitchers. Their pitchers aren't bad, but their defense is meh compared to ours.

7) More people at the ballpark today- can't wait for a sellout!!

Won't be able to get to the Northeastern game but hope to be there for all 3 of the Xavier games next week. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score

-> Connecticut- After this weekend, it’s very likely the Huskies won’t lose a weekend series this season. UConn did an impressive job of repelling a solid Creighton club over the weekend, winning the series opener with ace pitcher Austin Peterson leading the charge, while narrowly knocking off the Bluejays in the final two games of the series. <-

Reaction Score

-> BIG EAST Pitcher of the Week: Austin Peterson, UConn, Sr., RHP (Chesterton, Ind.)

Peterson tossed eight innings Friday night against Creighton, striking out nine batters with just one unearned run. The right-hander got into trouble in the fifth with runners at second and third and no outs. The Chesterton, Ind., native induced an RBI groundout before getting a strike out and pop up to keep the game tied, 1-1. Overall, Peterson helped lead the No. 10 Huskies to a 3-1 victory in the series opener, improving to 9-0 as a starter in 2022. The win jumpstarted a series sweep for UConn and helped lock up a spot in the BIG EAST Tournament with a 14-1 conference mark. <-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom