#14 UConn @ #9 Boston University Terriers @ Agganis Arena (Friday 10/21/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/22/22 @ 7p). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 6 | The Boneyard

#14 UConn @ #9 Boston University Terriers @ Agganis Arena (Friday 10/21/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/22/22 @ 7p). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Let’s see how we face some adversity. Largest 3rd period deficit of the season.

Reaction Score
Going to betray my age here (surprise, being a Vietnam Vet no one could figure that out......duh). Back in the early to mid 1970s, I used to watch, both when living in Ashford while at UConn and afterwords in grad school in Boston, the Bruins on UHF channel 38. While not a Bruins fan, to this day the best announcers I have ever heard were Fred Cusick and Johnny Pierson. Clearly Bruins fans, they were nonetheless objective, informed and balanced in their craft.
Did I enjoy watching and listening to those guys? Yep they were legit hockey old timers with a love for the game. But objective??? Wow that's some great Kool-aid. Those guys saw everything through B's eyes.

Plenty of time left but we need to get on the board.

Reaction Score
Not gonna complain about a split weekend against BU. UConn did what they needed to do on the road.
Not a “split” garnering only two of six HE points. I think the alternating goalie experiment is over: Terness is the one.

Sooner or later we had to lay an egg.

Reaction Score
Not a “split” garnering only two of six HE points. I think the alternating goalie experiment is over: Terness is the one.

Sooner or later we had to lay an egg.
Taking any points from BU when both games are at BU is a successful weekend. I’ll take the points and consider the weekend a success

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn absorbs their first loss of the season. The faceoff problem from last night was addressed.

5BBE1F4A-2251-420E-B98F-3CE7E7F96C28.jpeg

Reaction Score
This year there are two teams in Hockey East where you are glad splitting points for the weekend, BU and UMass. I think they are in a tier by themselves.

I would consider UConn’s weekend successful.

Reaction Score
This year there are two teams in Hockey East where you are glad splitting points for the weekend, BU and UMass. I think they are in a tier by themselves.

I would consider UConn’s weekend successful.
I agree 100%. UConn won a game and BU won a game. No complaints here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Gonna be another tough listen tonight with these Boston homers going at it and taking nips during commercial breaks.
I have to disagree. They are BU guys but I thought they were very good. Especially for an ESPN+ presentation.

Reaction Score
Good series, both teams are contenders in the league. Surprised UConn went with the goalie tonight, is it usually a split? Terness was much better last night. The kid tonight was a poor man's Jonathan Quick. Aggressive as heck, but constantly out of position. Not to mention he flat out punched a BU forward while on the PK to force that 5 on 3.

I don't agree BU and UMass are both head and shoulders above the rest of the league, BU has flaws. UMass lost to Sacred Heart in an exhibition and tied AIC. We'll see.

Really hope Ty is all right. That was right in front of me, he immediately threw his helmet against the boards, you could see on his face he knew what he did. That's the same shoulder he injured while at BU on more than one occasion. He's battled back from so many injuries, hope he can finally finish a full season and tie up his career on a high note.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sergeev is definitely aggressive no doubt...and he's only a freshman with a few games under his belt so I'd like to think he will rein it in a little bit as time goes on. But I still think its worth it for the time being to split time with these kids for another couple weeks.
I assume the staff has Terness as 1A and Sergeev as 1B at the moment, so Terness will probably get the BC start this week for their lone game. But give both kids a start the following weekend.
Lets not forget, Sergeev faced far more pressure and shots then Terness did and only allowed one more goal.

Cav has usually ridden his #1 goalie quite a bit, but even if/when Terness is given #1 status, I'd still give Sergeev a start every couple weekends to keep him fresh - and because I think he's earned that at least.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see last night’s game, but I think Turness is the better goalie. This seems like a different Cav, playing multiple guys. I thought he sometimes went overboard in the past, plying the same guy even when he looked like he needed a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom