#11 Clemson vs #6 Notre Dame - 3/04/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
No player over 8 pts for ND

Elliot has 12 pts for CLEM

Reaction Score
I don’t know that ND has underachieved this year—they're about where I thought they’d be— but man, is it baffling to see how Ivey has essentially ignored her freshman guards (Campbell and Hayes) to the extent that the latter opted out for COVID-19 precautions.

Westbeld has been really good. I’m not sure about the starting lineup around her given neither Peoples nor Prohaska are big scorers. Destinee Walker led the team in scoring last year but doesn’t even start now.

Just a lot of questions around this Irish squad.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Clemson clawing their way back into this game. 47-42...

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
52-49 game, now...and a FT makes it 52-50. 7 seconds left in 3rd quarter.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
54-50, Irish...going to the 4th.

With the Ole Miss/Arkansas game close, too...I'm wearing out the battery on my remote control, switching between these two games!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Score the basket ??!! Maj is crazy. That foul was so "On the floor" it wasn't even funny. If they lose that is yet another black eye for Forsburg.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Then, an old-fashioned three-point play on the other end...64-63. 14 seconds left.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wow Irish, I was thinking they would make it to Saturday

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is going to be crazy good next season. They just have to learn from this season and move on. But the talent that they have coming and the talent that they have now, plus the coaching. They will be a force pretty soon.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Miles is good. Westbeld is good. Mabrey is decent for what she is.

The rest of the team is just bad.

Vaughn fouled out when a guard just grabbed the ball right out of her hands. Brunelle fouled out on 5 of the silliest fouls you'll ever seen. Walker blew a wide open fast break layup. Peoples plays hard but has no offense besides post-ups.

When the going got tough, time after time ND folded down the stretch of games this year.

Citron joining next year will bring ND up to 4 good players. Maybe that will help turn the tide. Plus maybe Marshall is good and Dodson is probably better than Vaughn at least.

ND better hope it can turn it around with who is signed now. Because I can't imagine elite recruits wanting to join this soft team that finds a way to lose.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don’t know that ND has underachieved this year—they're about where I thought they’d be— but man, is it baffling to see how Ivey has essentially ignored her freshman guards (Campbell and Hayes) to the extent that the latter opted out for COVID-19 precautions.

Westbeld has been really good. I’m not sure about the starting lineup around her given neither Peoples nor Prohaska are big scorers. Destinee Walker led the team in scoring last year but doesn’t even start now.

Just a lot of questions around this Irish squad.

I can't imagine that Campbell looks so bad in practice that she can't crack this rotation.

Reaction Score
Yikes, not surprised this happened though. They might be able to make it far in the WNIT.

I'm disappointed, but they were going to be far worse off if Miles didnt come on board early. She had a lot of TOs today, but she her at PG far and away their best option. She gave us something to enjoy and look forward to for the next four years. This semester can only be good for her.

Westbeld is the real deal, and she will improve to be a star. Hopefully she'll feel less pressure next season when her teammates also improve. I'm hoping Gilbert and Brunelle can get healthy, and return to form. As Freshman they both averaged 13 ppg. They dont need to average that much coming off the bench, they just need be impactful.

The post is going to be an issue. I dont dont why, but ND cannot recruit an elite 5 whatsoever. Turner is the only one that comes to mind. Dodson might be better than Vaughn, hopefully. I can't see Cosgrove ever getting significant playing time. Marshall is built like ONO, but I dont think is as talented as ONO was a a frosh. ND could really use a physical 5 or even 4 that could rebound. They get punked on the glass.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that Campbell looks so bad in practice that she can't crack this rotation.
It doesnt bode well. I thought Campbell looked alright at the beginning of the season, and didnt do anything terrible on the court to warrant never playing. I thought at times they could have used a taller guard at the 2 or 3, that could shoot it outside and try to play some D. I thought she could have taken some of Prohaska's minutes.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It doesnt bode well. I thought Campbell looked alright at the beginning of the season, and didnt do anything terrible on the court to warrant never playing. I thought at times they could have used a taller guard at the 2 or 3, that could shoot it outside and try to play some D. I thought she could have taken some of Prohaska's minutes.

Walker is in her 6th year of college and still is mediocre at best. Might as well try the freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom