10 committed players from the class of 2021 who could rise in the rankings | The Boneyard

10 committed players from the class of 2021 who could rise in the rankings

Reaction Score
Kind of a strange write up for the premise of the article but still I'll take it.

JORDAN HAWKINS, SG

Current rank: 54.

Committed to: Connecticut.

Bossi's take: You know what, I wouldn't be able to say that I'm being completely honest if I didn't mention that I sometimes go a bit back and forth in my own mind when it comes to Jordan Hawkins. The Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha shooting guard is a long and explosive athlete who has a pretty looking jump shot. He makes things look easy.

However, there is a fine line between making things look easy and taking it easy and that's where I struggle sometimes with Hawkins. But, at the end of the day he produces pretty regularly and I'm going to lean towards the positive outlook and just believe that he makes things look easy. After all, I've known his coach at DeMatha, Mike Jones, for years. He's one of the best coaches in America and I've watched his teams long enough to know that Jones wouldn't let Hawkins get away with anything less than full effort.

Sure, Hawkins needs to get a bit stronger and he could tighten up his ball handling a bit. But at the end of the day he's got good positional size, a frame to grow into, deep range on his jump shot and he's a live-wire athlete. It's hard to bet against guys like him.

Reaction Score
Kind of a strange write up for the premise of the article but still I'll take it.

JORDAN HAWKINS, SG

Current rank: 54.

Committed to: Connecticut.

Bossi's take: You know what, I wouldn't be able to say that I'm being completely honest if I didn't mention that I sometimes go a bit back and forth in my own mind when it comes to Jordan Hawkins. The Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha shooting guard is a long and explosive athlete who has a pretty looking jump shot. He makes things look easy.

However, there is a fine line between making things look easy and taking it easy and that's where I struggle sometimes with Hawkins. But, at the end of the day he produces pretty regularly and I'm going to lean towards the positive outlook and just believe that he makes things look easy. After all, I've known his coach at DeMatha, Mike Jones, for years. He's one of the best coaches in America and I've watched his teams long enough to know that Jones wouldn't let Hawkins get away with anything less than full effort.

Sure, Hawkins needs to get a bit stronger and he could tighten up his ball handling a bit. But at the end of the day he's got good positional size, a frame to grow into, deep range on his jump shot and he's a live-wire athlete. It's hard to bet against guys like him.

Ive seen very little of Hawkins but from what ive seen hes Bouk 2.o I dont think he stays here more than two years.

Reaction Score
I think both Hawkins and Johnson will get solid bumps in the Spring 2021 rankings. I expect Diggins to stay around the same range. I also think Floyd will get a solid bump into the top 100 for 2022.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Ive seen very little of Hawkins but from what ive seen hes Bouk 2.o I dont think he stays here more than two years.
He’s absolutely incredible but a different type of player. More of a prototypical NBA style off guard/wing long, athletic, knock down 3 point shooter but isn’t as good a ball handler or shot creator as Bouk. Day 1 starter though. Ray Allen-lite

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
People questioned Bouk’s effort too because of how easy he makes the game look. I think this kid is on the 2 and done plan - he will be a force once Coach Mike gets him bricked up

Reaction Score
He’s absolutely incredible but a different type of player. More of a prototypical NBA style off guard/wing long, athletic, knock down 3 point shooter but isn’t as good a ball handler or shot creator as Bouk. Day 1 starter though. Ray Allen-lite

Of` course, what makes that funny is that Ray Allen wasn’t a starter his first year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sounds like he will fit us like a glove.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom