10 assistants who will be head coaches again soon | The Boneyard

10 assistants who will be head coaches again soon

Reaction Score
All I can say to that team is good luck!

5. Bob Diaco, Nebraska
Admittedly, Diaco isn’t for everyone. But he’s young, wildly energetic, frighteningly optimistic and a top-notch communicator — so, in other words, Diaco is destined to get another shot at running an FBS program at some point in the future. Reviving the once-proud Nebraska defense would be a good start.

They forgot to mention that he doesn't know how to manage an offense, doesn't believe in punt returns, can't manage a clock, and wears nantucket red pants...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If he does well at Nebraska, he'll get another shot. I have to admit it will piss me off considerably if he is successful.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score

5. Bob Diaco, Nebraska
Admittedly, Diaco isn’t for everyone. But he’s young, wildly energetic, frighteningly optimistic and a top-notch communicator — so, in other words, Diaco is destined to get another shot at running an FBS program at some point in the future. Reviving the once-proud Nebraska defense would be a good start.

They forgot to mention that he doesn't know how to manage an offense, doesn't believe in punt returns, can't manage a clock, and wears nantucket red pants...

He is NOT a top notch communicator. Not away from the media...not with the media.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If he does well at Nebraska, he'll get another shot. I have to admit it will piss me off considerably if he is successful.

I won't be pissed off because if he gets another shot its because he changed. He would have never changed at UConn. He needed to be humbled and start over.

I agree with 31 that BD is not a good communicator. If you watch a press conference, you will be entertained and might think because BD uses different words that makes him interesting and a "strong communicator". But when you see how he manages through adversity and motivates his team, you quickly realize his communication skills are very shallow and don't actually drive results.

My guess would be that the writer of the article really has no insight on why BD crashed and burned at UConn and instead watched a youtube clip and made his own assessment.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What happened to my comment on this thread? It appears to have been deleted. Weird. I used the word "puke," maybe that is a problem.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
His head isn't right. I'd give Weis another shot before Bob.

Some guys just don't have it. Bob doesn't have it. I'm sure he could win multiple HS state championships as a head coach, but he is not at the level to run a college program.

Reaction Score
BD talks a good game but that's about the extent of it. Has no game smarts.

Reaction Score
(Unfortunately for us) Rhett Lashlee will get a FBS head coaching job before Bob Fiasco does.

I'm hoping,if things work out well,,that Lashlee will hang around until Edsall is ready to call it quits.

If BD is smart (?) he will stay at NU until things head south for him, collect a big payoff and be set for life, although he has such a big ego that won't allow that to happen.

Reaction Score
The guy can't figure out basic clock management, hasn't got a clue about offense, and didn't recruit very well. Plus I think he might actually be crazy.

A bigger program might solve the recruiting problem, but I think he'd literally have to outsource the "when to take a timeout" responsibilities. And personally I wouldn't let him pick his own OC

So at that point, why not just hire a better coach?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What happened to my comment on this thread? It appears to have been deleted. Weird. I used the word "puke," maybe that is a problem.

After some further thought, I referenced "fake news" to my deleted post. Is that the magic phrase for deletion Mods?

Reaction Score
He's all talk with no results. He'll convince some idiot A.D. That he's the best choice and after three years will look like a fool again....only this time he'll be number 8 on this morons list for best assistant coach to get another head coaching job

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if he got another chance. He failed so badly and so miserably here that I doubt any AD would put his career on the line to hire someone who was so exposed as a fraud. The guy knows defense and will probably do well at Nebraska. But he was in way over his head as HC.

We got the user car salesman.

Reaction Score
I am sure someone is selling this in the greater media world.

Bob Diaco had the capability to turn 2017 into his crowing moment: Go 8-4 with a bowl and put himself in position to leap into something something. He failed miserably. I bet if we get 10 guys from this board into a room WE could tell every future AD he talks to about 10 things that he did to taint his prospective HC prospects forever. There was not a lack of talent to win against that schedule in 2017. It is on Diaco and on his 8 assistants and staff. And, I really do not blame captains, leadership or skill players. Diaco. He failed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Head coaching is 50% about building and maintaining a great coaching staff and he couldn't have been more inept in that roll.

In fact, it was worst than simply inept, it was gross incompetence fueled by paranoia and megalomania. Those are character flaws that don't wash out easy over time.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping,if things work out well,,that Lashlee will hang around until Edsall is ready to call it quits.

If BD is smart (?) he will stay at NU until things head south for him, collect a big payoff and be set for life, although he has such a big ego that won't allow that to happen.
The jerk is set for life already unless he does his own financial planning. Its not like he has to draw on his buyout from UCONN. And when he sells his house in Glastonbury that is another windfall compared to what he will buy in Lincoln. The Dibacle smiled all the way out of town.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The thing is that someone will give him another chance if he turns Nebraska defense into a top tier defense over the next few years. The good thing as it won't be here at UConn and some poor other idiots will have to deal with his vitamin D and energy vampire crap.

Reaction Score

5. Bob Diaco, Nebraska

Also can't keep track of what down it is, and has an uncanny nack for trying to call a time out right before his team goes in for a score.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom