#1 Stanford @ #11 UCLA - 12/21/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#1 Stanford @ #11 UCLA - 12/21/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Should UConn meet up with Stanford somewhere down the road this season, I’ll wager that the Huskies shooting will be considerably better than the 27.5% shooting that UCLA managed in today’s game.

Are UConn and UCLA supposed to be viewed as on the same level?

Reaction Score
Grand Canyon creates 36 turnovers and Katie Scott dominates with 34 points, 13 rebounds and 4 assists (all game highs) in a 97-65 victory running the Lopes record to 7-1.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Dunk, Dunk City Kids. More for the ESPN highlight reel. Those of you complaining you'd have to see Fran's earlier dunk replayed all season will be relieved to see ESPN now has two to rotate between. ;)

Well, it was gritty and messy, but I'll take it. (Though I really worry about Williams.) As I said before the game, UCLA has always been a matchup problem for us given their style of play. A double digit win in Westwood at the end of a very long road trip is one I'll gladly take.

Reaction Score
Will someone who knows tell me if DeBerry is as talented as Brink or Marshall.
I for sure put her in that category with Brink. Brink has a quick first step & nice touch for a forward, while Deberry has really good court vision & front court awareness. Just wait until she pairs with Edwards in the front court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shed be soooooooo much better if she could put on some muscle onto her frame. Incredibly weak but shes young.
10 points, 9 boards, 3 blocks, and 1 steal to go along with 3 turnovers. Off the bench...

If she does put on some muscle, I wonder what that stat line could be. Nonetheless, I’ll take that “Incredibly weak” player on my team. Lol

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
10 points, 9 boards, 3 blocks, and 1 steal to go along with 3 turnovers. Off the bench...

If she does put on some muscle, I wonder what that stat line could be. Nonetheless, I’ll take that “Incredibly weak” player on my team. Lol
Now compare her to Liv, makes me think of that old comparison game:
Liv is to Kalana Brown as
Cameron is to Liv...

That girl is Nancy Mulkey skinny! Albeit, significantly more talented...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

76210268-9DE8-46A9-B2F4-1E3FE5051EF0.jpeg

Belibi quiets the UCLA crowd.

She must have VanDerveer’s complete confidence and blessing in the dunks. Belibi is even attempting them in close games. Anybody know if she has missed any dunk attempts this year?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dunk, Dunk City Kids. More for the ESPN highlight reel. Those of you complaining you'd have to see Fran's earlier dunk replayed all season will be relieved to see ESPN now has two to rotate between. ;)

Well, it was gritty and messy, but I'll take it. (Though I really worry about Williams.) As I said before the game, UCLA has always been a matchup problem for us given their style of play. A double digit win in Westwood at the end of a very long road trip is one I'll gladly take.
Did not see the game. What kind of injury did Williams suffer?

Reaction Score
It appeared to be a knee to the thigh area. was helped off the court not putting any weight on left leg

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Another great dunk by Belibi....that's about all I can say for positives. Pretty underwhelming game for 2 top 10 teams but a solid win nonetheless for Stanford.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Shed be soooooooo much better if she could put on some muscle onto her frame. Incredibly weak but shes young.

Honestly, I really have not seen her getting pushed around in games I've watched this year. Despite her lack of bulk she seems fairly physical and aggressive. She's certainly effective.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Honestly, I really have not seen her getting pushed around in games I've watched this year. Despite her lack of bulk she seems fairly physical and aggressive. She's certainly effective.
Yeah, I'm not buying the "incredibly weak" contention either. Against U$C she went toe to toe w/ Angel Jackson who's got to be at least 30 pounds heavier, and I haven't seen Brink get pushed around by anyone else, either. She's also got a fantastic handle on the ball. While she certainly looks thin, that doesn't mean she's weak. For a point of comparison, look at her teammates, the Hull sisters; they're both rail thin but regularly out-rebound forwards 30 pounds heavier and several inches taller.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Incredibly weak but shes young

This statement is laughable. I recorded the game, just watched it. Miller and Bessoir from UCLA are big bodied posts. Brink was banging with both of them and not giving an inch. You should ask the UCLA players about how incredibly weak she is, I'm certain they would laugh at you.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Agreed. She does look noticeably stronger than she did in HS too. Her length and height is going to pair great with Belibi's strength and athleticism for the next 3-4 years.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
She must have VanDerveer’s complete confidence and blessing in the dunks. Belibi is even attempting them in close games. Anybody know if she has missed any dunk attempts this year?

She's 2-2 this season. She did attempt and miss one in a game last season.

Last season she'd dunk at the end of the layup drill in warmups before every game. She did miss some then, but made most of them. This season I haven't gotten to see warmups at all, what with fans not being allowed in, of course, so no data on whether her percentage is better. I bet it is, though.

We'll probably only ever see her dunk on a breakaway with no defender in the area. I'm sure Tara doesn't want her to risk being injured by someone undercutting her while she's in the air.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom