➡️ 2021 Hockey East Tournament Format/Current Standings ⬅️ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

➡️ 2021 Hockey East Tournament Format/Current Standings ⬅️

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Trying to think of which outlet gives UConn hockey the cold shoulder more - NESN or the Hartford Courant.

Tough call.

NESN and the Boston media constantly underestimate how many UConn fans there are in the Boston metro. They need a wake up call. When I went to watch the last basketball game, walked in to Buffalo Wild Wings (I know, I know, but it has TVs) and the game was on zero TVs. UConn women were on, and the big screen had Kentucky. It happens every time. They simply don't consider us even regional.

Reaction Score
With BC, BU, NU, UMass, Lowell & MC all Massachusetts teams, there is no room for us. It’s really the BSN - Boston Sports Network, not the New England Sports Network when it comes to college hockey.

Reaction Score
With BC, BU, NU, UMass, Lowell & MC all Massachusetts teams, there is no room for us. It’s really the BSN - Boston Sports Network, not the New England Sports Network when it comes to college hockey.
Agreed...for now. But times they are a changing, so we will see. Nice to get SNY involved, I'd get more amped about a hockey relationship with them. Always thought it would have been great if we could have rolled the hockey team.into the women's hoops agreement. Maybe we still can

Reaction Score
Don’t forget PC is just over the border from southeast Mass and UNH is just 20 minutes north of the Mass border. UConn Maine and Vermont are he outliers.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It's always been like that. Over the years I've sent them a number of messages when UConn results aren't even mentioned on days they're using filler stories.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget PC is just over the border from southeast Mass and UNH is just 20 minutes north of the Mass border. UConn Maine and Vermont are he outliers.

Also, it is possible that in the mind of Boston centric NESN, there are a few too many New York sports fans in Connecticut for their comfort level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also, it is possible that in the mind of Boston centric NESN, there are a few too many New York sports fans in Connecticut for their comfort level.
Definitely not untrue.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Damn, nice comeback by Lowell, just couldn't beat Benedict College in OT

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UML won in OT.
595DA9A6-98A4-4843-9BB8-B35501A94AAC.jpeg

Reaction Score
I didn't think we were still alive for an at-large bid. Wouldn't Providence take it over us for a 4th spot anyway?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

The game is still on.
I had to go into a homeowners association Zoom meeting and turned the game off in disgust. Didn't find out the BC goal got overturned until this am ? good for Lowell!

Reaction Score
Must-read

I am of 2 minds on this. On the one hand it was an extraordinary situation that the league tried to deal with quickly. I can see 11 coaches coming up with 33 tweaks that would delay the process to the point of being impossible. On the other hand, there really should have been better explanation. I think because there are really only a relative handful of jobs hockey coaches have always had much more input into these types of things than other coaches and when they don’t get it they complain bitterly. And they are NOT used to being told just win your games and stopping worrying about this stuff. Which honestly would be my reaction. If you go undefeated you are going to the tourney no matter what the math looks like...

One other thing is the revelation that the schedule was skewed to help the top teams. Not sure exactly what that means but as a general rule I don’t think that should happen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This clearly diminishes UConn's slim at-large chances... (MSU was ranked #3 in Country).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
NESN and the Boston media constantly underestimate how many UConn fans there are in the Boston metro. They need a wake up call. When I went to watch the last basketball game, walked in to Buffalo Wild Wings (I know, I know, but it has TVs) and the game was on zero TVs. UConn women were on, and the big screen had Kentucky. It happens every time. They simply don't consider us even regional.
I think it has more to do with schlepping the TV gear outside the Boston Metro.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom