OT: - “February made me shiver....” | The Boneyard

OT: “February made me shiver....”

Reaction Score
We’ve got a game to focus on tonight but for the many music fans on the BY let‘s not forget " the day the music died,” 62 years ago today, A good occasion to play American Pie. The album is dedicated to Buddy Holly. I first heard the song in the fall of '71. It would hit the top ten in December and #1 in January.
I was in the 6th grade on Feb 3, 1959 and I brought in the newspaper article of the crash for our “News of the Day.” My teacher did not think it was that important of a story. She was wrong !
Here's my Buddy Holly Top Ten:
1. That'll Be The Day 2. Peggy Sue 3. Rave On 4. Maybe Baby 5. Everyday. 6. Well All Right. 7. True Love Ways 8. Raining In My Heart 9. Oh Boy 10. It's So Easy
Top Three covers:
1. It Doesn't Matter Anymore ( Linda Ronstadt). 2. Not Fade Away ( Rolling Stones). 3. Words of Love ( Beatles).

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
There is nice little memorial at the site in Clear Lake Iowa...have to make the trip...

A0CCD060-0C44-4FE9-AEFD-671E89594E05.jpeg

Reaction Score
We’ve got a game to focus on tonight but for the many music fans on the BY let‘s not forget " the day the music died,” 62 years ago today, A good occasion to play American Pie. The album is dedicated to Buddy Holly. I first heard the song in the fall of '71. It would hit the top ten in December and #1 in January.
I was in the 6th grade on Feb 3, 1959 and I brought in the newspaper article of the crash for our “News of the Day.” My teacher did not think it was that important of a story. She was wrong !
1. That'll Be The Day 2. Peggy Sue 3. Rave On 4. Maybe Baby 5. Everyday. 6. Well All Right. 7. True Love Ways 8. Raining In My Heart 9. Oh Boy 10. It's So Easy
Top Three covers:
1. It Doesn't Matter Anymore ( Linda Ronstadt). 2. Not Fade Away ( Rolling Stones). 3. Words of Love ( Beatles).
Don Mclean wrote and sang "American Pie" when he was living in Garrison, N.Y., a small town on the Hudson about 3 hours north of NYCity. At the time, I lived in Woodstock, N.Y. (yes, that Woodstock) across the river from Garrison. My favorite song from Mclean was "Vincent."
don mclean - vincent - YouTube

Reaction Score
Top Three covers:
One of the greatest, albeit such a short career. I cried; I was 15.
Changing All Those Changes, Mail Man, Early In The Morning, Heart Beat, Think It Over, Tell Me How, Not Fade Away, Looking For Someone To Love; how many more could there have been?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom