Zach Wheeler needs Tommy John surgery | The Boneyard

Zach Wheeler needs Tommy John surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What good young arm DOESN'T get this done early on in their career now?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
We pretty much all knew it was coming at some point. I was just hoping it wouldn't be in the first year that they are reasonably poised to make a run at the playoffs. Good thing they were patient and didn't trade any of their pitchers like many fans were clamoring for.

Reaction Score
And good thing they didn't just take any old retread for Dillon Gee.

What do you think about Syndergaard or Matz? Up in June?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
We'll see. Montero probably either makes the team as the long man or is the first man up when there's another injury (inevitable, obviously). If either Syndy or Matz dominate in the minors they'll have a strong case over him though.

One thing I do know is that the team is now one injury closer to selling at the deadline (Murphy, Colon if he doesn't suck and they can get literally anything back in return).

Reaction Score
We'll see. Montero probably either makes the team as the long man or is the first man up when there's another injury (inevitable, obviously). If either Syndy or Matz dominate in the minors they'll have a strong case over him though.

One thing I do know is that the team is now one injury closer to selling at the deadline (Murphy, Colon if he doesn't suck and they can get literally anything back in return).

Barring a rash of injuries, I'd sell on Colon regardless of how the team is doing.

Reaction Score
I don't mind Colon. He goes out every 5th day. Usually gives you 5-6 IP and keeps you in the game until your bullpen takes over and even can throw in the occasional gem. They got him to eat innings when Harvey got hurt and I don't have an issue keeping him around as an insurance policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom