C Zach Brown | Page 10 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I know this won't be popular with the Boy Scouts here; but we could really use Clyde type bigs coach for recruits like this. Personally, my judgement is that recruits could care less about a $10 transaction on a Hartford street over a decade ag
Yeah! Gotta get real and just know you can't coach big men without soliciting charges. It is called:" working on your hook shot"

C

Chief00

I believe Cals extra benefits have had a significant impact on his recruiting don't you?
Quite frankly, are you kidding? How many 1 and dones has he recruited the last 5 years? No one has recruited more top players during that period. Am I missing something?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
"We hate him! He doesn't have the mindset of a Husky! Next!"

I live here in Kentucky now,and I hate hearing cals on him! But I'm not gonna hate him just yet. Think we got in early enough to stand a chance.

Reaction Score
From 247sports:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Miami Beach (Fla.) 7-footer Zach Brown was one of the first 2017 recruits with his name connected to Kentucky and Thursday, he finally picked up an offer from the Wildcats.

Brown (7-1, 256) says he received word from his father at the NBPA Top 100 Camp Thursday.

"My dad actually just told me," Brown said. "I was very excited because basketball has taken me a long way and that was a dream college for me when I was younger."

Ranked as the No. 6 overall prospect and No. 2 center in the 2017 class by the industry average 247Sports Composite, the 5-star said North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Miami and UCLA are the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Brown says he's impressed by Kentucky's recent lineage of big men that includes DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noel, Willie Cauley-Stein and Karl-Anthony Towns.

"I just like the way they [use] their bigs and [run] their system around their bigs," Brown said.

On the Nike EYBL circuit this spring, Brown has averaged 10.1 points per game while shooting 62.9 percent from the field to go with 4.7 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game for Nike South Beach.

Reaction Score
From 247sports:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- Miami Beach (Fla.) 7-footer Zach Brown was one of the first 2017 recruits with his name connected to Kentucky and Thursday, he finally picked up an offer from the Wildcats.

Brown (7-1, 256) says he received word from his father at the NBPA Top 100 Camp Thursday.

"My dad actually just told me," Brown said. "I was very excited because basketball has taken me a long way and that was a dream college for me when I was younger."

Ranked as the No. 6 overall prospect and No. 2 center in the 2017 class by the industry average 247Sports Composite, the 5-star said North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Miami and UCLA are the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Brown says he's impressed by Kentucky's recent lineage of big men that includes DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noel, Willie Cauley-Stein and Karl-Anthony Towns.

"I just like the way they [use] their bigs and [run] their system around their bigs," Brown said.

On the Nike EYBL circuit this spring, Brown has averaged 10.1 points per game while shooting 62.9 percent from the field to go with 4.7 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game for Nike South Beach.
The fact that we have connections with him and aren't one of the schools recruiting him the hardest is really disappointing for our staff

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
From 247sports:

Just why...

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Ranked as the No. 6 overall prospect and No. 2 center in the 2017 class by the industry average 247Sports Composite, the 5-star said North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Miami and UCLA are the schools recruiting him the hardest.

QUOTE]

Maybe because thanks to Boo, we don't need to devote all our resources to him? Them trying the hardest doesn't mean he wants them the most.

Reaction Score
From 247sports:

Maybe because thanks to Boo, we don't need to devote as many resources to him. Them trying the hardest doesn't mean he wants to go to them the most....

Reaction Score
Maybe because thanks to Boo, we don't need to devote as many resources to him. Them trying the hardest doesn't mean he wants to go to them the most....

Or just maybe Boo also knows something we at the Boneyard don't?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
And break out some chicken fried!

Reaction Score
Zach Brown would be a huge pickup. A top 20 player in his class, and at 7', 260 pounds he'd give us the big-bodied center we've all been clamoring for.

We have some AAU connections here through Boo Williams, so I'm really hoping this comes to fruition.

Reaction Score
This would be the biggest get of the KO era. Given that Brown plays for KO's best friend, I' would not be at all surprised if this happens.

Reaction Score
Dont you mean Nantambu "Boo" Willingham?

This kid would be a great pickup.

Lets get it done.

In HCKO we trust.

Zach Brown would be a huge pickup. A top 20 player in his class, and at 7', 260 pounds he'd give us the big-bodied center we've all been clamoring for.

We have some AAU connections here through Boo Williams, so I'm really hoping this comes to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom