C Zach Brown | Page 3 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Actually no I was against signing him from the beginning. Astonishingly, going to watch a kid play tells a lot more than mixtapes on YouTube.

The only thing he has going for him is his size and rudimentary offensive fundamentals - very soft hands.
He's what, 14 or 15 years old at this point? I'm sure he'll improve in the next few seasons...

Reaction Score
The best part of that is that the video opens to the fattest man ever choking on his own fourth chin.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
In this class, Ali is really the big miss. Add Ali to what we have coming in and anything past that is gravy.

I freely admit I could be proven wrong on this, but I'm still not sure Ali answers our biggest problems. Great athlete, can attack the basket, but a below average passer and long-range shooter. He's basically another guy that sounds like he's best suited to the 3, and that's really where Purvis and Hamilton both belong as well in college (and Omar, and SCII, and you could probably even say TSam would fit better there as a defensive stopper/wing passer than a point).

We seem like we targeted the wrong type of players in our final recruiting push in the fall (other than Briscoe, who probably was just waiting out an offer from UK the whole time) - I imagine due to us projecting Purvis and Cassell as better options at the 2 than they really are.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm very dissappointed with losing Ali. He is an impact player. Imagine him in this line-up with Brimah and Hamilton? I was never a Govan fan as he plays below the rim. I dream of the day when like UNC, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas we can have a short list of blue chips and get them without the drama (but if that ever happened what would this board do without all the Larrier, Stone, Kasongo, Mack etc. posts???). I've said before, we must offer more recruits than any other program in the country. I wish there was a way to check this. I think kids want to feel wanted and not just one of a hoard of potential recruits. We cast a wide net.

Reaction Score
I freely admit I could be proven wrong on this, but I'm still not sure Ali answers our biggest problems. Great athlete, can attack the basket, but a below average passer and long-range shooter. He's basically another guy that sounds like he's best suited to the 3, and that's really where Purvis and Hamilton both belong as well in college (and Omar, and SCII, and you could probably even say TSam would fit better there as a defensive stopper/wing passer than a point).

We seem like we targeted the wrong type of players in our final recruiting push in the fall (other than Briscoe, who probably was just waiting out an offer from UK the whole time) - I imagine due to us projecting Purvis and Cassell as better options at the 2 than they really are.

He's a year younger than Hamilton. When DHam goes pro after sophomore year, then what? Uconn needs a 3 badly. Need a PG badly. And a big. Lol. Uconn is pretty thin all around for 2017: Adams, Purvis, Facey, Brimah, Enoch, with Samuel, Cassell and Lubin on the bench. They need a lot more.

Ali would have been great, he would have had big minutes as a Soph.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
He's a year younger than Hamilton. When DHam goes pro after sophomore year, then what? Uconn needs a 3 badly. Need a PG badly. And a big. Lol. Uconn is pretty thin all around for 2017: Adams, Purvis, Facey, Brimah, Enoch, with Samuel, Cassell and Lubin on the bench. They need a lot more. Ali would have been great, he would have had big minutes as a Soph.

If we had decent guards, then if DHam goes, we put Purvis at the 3 for his senior year. That's where he belongs in college, and trying to play him as a 2 when he can't create off the dribble or pass consistently is what's often causing a lot of our problems. He can slash against broken down defenses, and sometimes get on a nice roll shooting, but he isn't a secondary ballhandler or creator. He has a slashing 3's game - we just don't have two good guards right now to play him at the 3. Even Cassell would be better suited at the 3 when he gets out of the boot. Omar is also clearly better at the 3, but he only has a year left anyway.

We don't need a 3 short term as badly as we need 1s and 2s (besides Adams). What we have now are a bunch of guys listed as guards who don't play enough like guards. Which is fine if you can put guards next to them. But we don't have them - which is why that should've been the bigger focus of our recruiting, in hindsight (I can say that now that I've seen Purvis and Cassell for a full season - back in November, I might have thought we were in better shape there too).

Reaction Score
So this may be KO's first legit AAU connection. Also, Zach Brown rocking the UConn gear.

Caption: 3-0. Good way to start the summer AAU EYBL season. The twin towers are holding it down in the paint. #nikesouthbeach

Reaction Score
So this may be KO's first legit AAU connection. Also, Zach Brown rocking the UConn gear.

Caption: 3-0. Good way to start the summer AAU EYBL season. The twin towers are holding it down in the paint. #nikesouthbeach

Can't open it? Does he look good in UConn gear?

Reaction Score
Sorry if posted already, didn't Zach Brown visit Storrs on 1st night ? Along with a long list of other good underclassman-I remember a great post/list by a poster here listing all of the kids that visited that night

Reaction Score
Can't open it? Does he look good in UConn gear?
Sorry mau, hope this works:
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Is that Boo Willingham? Now I get it thanks tcf, great shot.

Reaction Score
It's funny they have these 2 kids from the same area and others have big kids, how come Connecticut HS's don't have them anymore? I mean besides Andre a few years ago who was the last real big man to come out of CT? The best you see are 6'5 6'6 kids and even that size is slim pickens in our state hoops scene.

Reaction Score
Duh? Man I can fk things up.

Okay wise guy, besides him LOL

Back in the day Tom Roy, Gminski, Campbell, Heard, Aleksinas, Murphy, Garris, C Smith, Kuczenski, Corny, Mahorns etc etc...as of late not so much.

You weren't wrong really. Enoch is 6'6" at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro