Your Preference ALSO Considering Risks/Financials | The Boneyard

Your Preference ALSO Considering Risks/Financials

Your Preference?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Assuming UConn gets two offers tomorrow, which conference would you prefer. ALSO considering Stability Risk or Financials?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UNC Duke Syracuse UConn aren't getting excluded from a college basketball tournament and it'll be a competitive football league with our rivals.

I still choose ACC.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I meant to click Big 12 - fat thumb. It's the realistic stable option

Reaction Score
I’d rather join the B12 and if we ever need to leave, leave and pony up the cash to go. There’s too much risk that the ACC is going to hell in a hand basket. The rumors about FSU leaving and facing the financial consequences are heating up in Tallahassee.

Reaction Score
XII. Don't want any part of the "Carpetbagger Conference"...

Reaction Score
If the B13 is where we land now, I think other ACC folks would populate an eastern wing eventually. So B12.

Reaction Score
UNC Duke Syracuse UConn aren't getting excluded from a college basketball tournament and it'll be a competitive football league with our rivals.

I still choose ACC.
In a normal world, the ACC makes more sense. But, like the PAC 12, their days are numbered. When the ACC eventually collapses, it will be a fight for membership in the Big 12 from the leftovers. UNC will be gone. Do you want to compete again with Syracuse, Pitt, and BC for a spot or be in the room deciding their fate? The strength of the Big 12 is passionate fanbases, and they have stability because none of their schools are in demand for the Big 10 or SEC. There are several ACC and PAC 12 schools with better academics and markets. If the Big 12 is at 16 when the ACC collapses, many schools will be fighting for a lifeline. No thanks.

Reaction Score
The ACC has been dead to me since they ask Louisville to the prom instead of us. Meet our new date, the BIG XII.
I see where you are coming from, but note that the Big 12 decided awhile back that we were not pretty enough to get off their asses and ask us out -- to paraphrase your post.

Reaction Score
Join the B12... Screw the ACC with their outdated leadership and backstabbers.

If there is opportunity to join NC schools and Virginia in a conference, it be fine for UConn to join that.

It be much easier to join the B12 now, and pick up teams from the ACC (no BCU) when it eventually blows up.

Last edited:

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I see where you are coming from, but note that the Big 12 decided awhile back that we were not pretty enough to get off their asses and ask us out -- to paraphrase your post.
At least they didn’t tell the whole class they were going to ask us out

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We’ve been working out and got a new stylist

Reaction Score
If UConn ends up in the ACC, after the conference powers leave, we'll be stuck with BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Wake and a few other castoffs.

I'd rather be in the 12 with better long term safety

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I’ll take option 3- Combined leftover ACC and BE.

Reaction Score
If UConn ends up in the ACC, after the conference powers leave, we'll be stuck with BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Wake and a few other castoffs.

I'd rather be in the 12 with better long term safety
We won't be stuck with Pitt. They most certainly will be Big 12 bound to help WVU and Cinncinatti.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Premier League
Ted Lasso is available.

I voted ACC. I don't think it is going to be raided in any significant way, and instead think it will take WVU and Cinci from the Big XII. Despite people saying otherwise, its TV contract pays more per school than the Big XII deal over the several years.

Reaction Score
My understanding is that the formal announcement is on hold until this poll closes. ;) ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom