You be the NBA GM | The Boneyard

You be the NBA GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If you're building a team, and need size/skill, how would you rank the following players from today through the next five years of projected NBA success?

Andre Drummond
Jahlil Okafor
Frank Kaminsky
Karl A. Towns
Draymond Green

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'll take Drummond because he is from UConn and that will engender the most positive of responses when my fellow board members happen upon this thread. He's also a freak of nature and clearly the best player mentioned.

The fact that you've lumped Andre with other players from lesser schools could be viewed as an act of sedition and I condemn you for it.

You are bad.

Reaction Score
If you're building a team, and need size/skill, how would you rank the following players from today through the next five years of projected NBA success?

Andre Drummond
Jahlil Okafor
Frank Kaminsky
Karl A. Towns
Draymond Green

One of these things is not like the other . . .

GemParty

Reaction Score
I agree there's a clear top choice, even with my UConn bias, what do you think of the other four?

Reaction Score

Andre Drummond
Jahlil Okafor
Frank Kaminsky
Karl A. Towns
Draymond Green
Not a fair comparison for Okafor and Towns because of the head start Andre has on them when you talk the next 5 years. They are 3 years behind development wise?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Not a fair comparison for Okafor and Towns because of the head start Andre has on them when you talk the next 5 years. They are 3 years behind development wise?
Maybe a better question is which guys have the better career projections?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I'll go with this order:

Green
Drummond
Towns
Okafor
Kaminsky

Green is number one for me because I value his versatility and all-around game. I'll take Drummond in the 2 spot now because he has a headstart over the other 3 players. I like Towns' game and probably would have put him above Drummond had he spent a year or two in the league already. I have Okafor over Kaminsky due to fact that Kaminsky will probably be a stretch four and that will lessen the impact of his game taking advantage of bigger, slower defenders.

Reaction Score
Drummond bc he can play both sides of the ball. Not sure why Draymond Green or Kaminsky is an option,those guys don't have franchise potential like the other 3.

Reaction Score
Of the players mentioned, Green is the best of the bunch at this current moment. I'll take Drummond first simply because he is still so far away from coming close to his ceiling - his combination of size, strength, and athleticism is rare. Kaminsky is pretty clearly last, IMO, though I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a good player.

The Towns/Okafor question is a bit tougher. Towns is the more polished player and certainly a better bet to become a dominant two-way force, but Okafor is the best post scorer since who, Duncan? Not comparing the two, but Okafor scored more "that was way too easy" baskets than anybody I can remember. There are red flags with him though. He isn't an especially good rebounder for his position and he doesn't have the defensive instincts Towns does. I also think he's a bit overrated as a playmaker and I wonder if his bully-ball will translate to the pros as well as it did the college game.

If I had to list them I'd go Drummond, Towns, Green, Okafor, Kaminsky

Reaction Score
imagine drummond with curry. it really could have happened, instead gsw wiffed on barnes at 7 who is a rotation player not a star.

Reaction Score
Of the players mentioned, Green is the best of the bunch at this current moment. I'll take Drummond first simply because he is still so far away from coming close to his ceiling - his combination of size, strength, and athleticism is rare. Kaminsky is pretty clearly last, IMO, though I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a good player.

The Towns/Okafor question is a bit tougher. Towns is the more polished player and certainly a better bet to become a dominant two-way force, but Okafor is the best post scorer since who, Duncan? Not comparing the two, but Okafor scored more "that was way too easy" baskets than anybody I can remember. There are red flags with him though. He isn't an especially good rebounder for his position and he doesn't have the defensive instincts Towns does. I also think he's a bit overrated as a playmaker and I wonder if his bully-ball will translate to the pros as well as it did the college game.

If I had to list them I'd go Drummond, Towns, Green, Okafor, Kaminsky
Great post, agree with everything especially the Okafor positives and negatives.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
imagine drummond with curry. it really could have happened, instead gsw wiffed on barnes at 7 who is a rotation player not a star.

The Warriors don't need him to be a star. I'm sure Barnes could put more numbers if the situation demanded it.

Reaction Score
Forgot about that, they would be unbelievably scary with Andre.

Reaction Score

I think right now Bogut is actually a better fit for golden state and they are better with him than they would be with Drummond. Drummond's potential is limitless but for what golden state does I think they made the right choice in barnes hes a great fit as a solid defender who can get hot. Drummond would be better imo opinion with a point guard like westbrook more of an athlete less of a shooter Hard for Drummond to do damage on the offensive glass when every shot steph or klay takes goes in

Reaction Score
Green is about to get a Max Contract offer this offseason, probably from the Knicks.

Reaction Score
Draymond Green is an absolute stud. He is arguably the most versatile defender in the league. It's a toss up for me between him and Drummond due to Drummonds overall potential. If we are picking for next year I would take Green every time.

Reaction Score
Drummond is the third youngest guy on that list and 3 and a half years younger than Green. I get that Green is a very good defender, but Drummond is at worst the second best rebounder in the sport and with Van Gundy chances are he'll develop into becoming a great anchor defender. If you're projecting 5 years out I think you have to go with Drummond and if you can only give one guy on that list a max contract I think it has to be Drummond.

I would rank them:

Drummond
Okafor
Towns
Green
Kaminsky

I think they'll all be good NBA players, including Kaminsky. I think he was the tallest guy at the combine.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'd def take Drummond as the proven very good commodity.

Drummond
Towns
Okafor
Green
Kaminsky

I like all 5. I think all have some issues. (Drummond FT shooting, Towns is unknown and raw, Okafor isn't a great defender, Green is a bit undersized and benefits from being on a very good/balanced team and Kaminsky lacks athleticism)

Reaction Score

Or Drummond with Lebron and Kyrie that could have happened too, lob city all day and all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom