Yikes! Did Marisa play for Kelly? Trouble at BU! | The Boneyard

Yikes! Did Marisa play for Kelly? Trouble at BU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Fortunately, I think Marisa graduated before coach Greenberg came to BU. Greenberg was still at the University of Pennsylvania in 2003-2004.
It's a thin line between motivating players and emotionally damaging them. Geno is a master at the former.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Fortunately, I think Marisa graduated before coach Greenberg came to BU. Greenberg was still at the University of Pennsylvania in 2003-2004.
It's a thin line between motivating players and emotionally damaging them. Geno is a master at the former.
I think it really helps that Geno has always had strong assistants and a very good associate HC to temper the process - in one of the all access items CD mentioned that she and Geno specifically play good cop bad cop daily - if he is on a player she becomes supportive and visa versa - they never want a player at the end of practice to feel the world is against them.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
About to read the article... Greenberg had done good things at BU but the terriers have collapsed this season. And those of us with long, but detail-free, memories will remember that the previous BU coach McSomething? left under mysterious circumstances....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do think closed society (and a team becomes one) chemistry can go south very quickly and any single member can be the catalyst even one from the outside who seems 'unimportant'. I know nothing about the current situation nor did I know anything about the situation at Holy Cross at the beginning of the year, but once someone breaks away, the picture can be painted in a lot of different ways. This story sounds pretty bad, but so did the HC story when it first hit.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
About to read the article... Greenberg had done good things at BU but the terriers have collapsed this season. And those of us with long, but detail-free, memories will remember that the previous BU coach McSomething? left under mysterious circumstances....
Yes, Margaret McKeon. She abruptly resigned as head coach from NJIT last year as well, no explanation given by either party.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
For the record; I cannot find a link but in Sunday's Gloe there was an article on the front page of the sports section
that described a gathering of current and former players who expressed unqualified support for Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom