Yard Goats Logo to be Unveiled Wednesday | The Boneyard

Yard Goats Logo to be Unveiled Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CJaGabUWoAUfblx.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I get this. If a Yard Goat really is a mechanical thing in a train yard....and the name pays homage to the train history of Hartford, why is it a cartoon goat and not a train?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I get this. If a Yard Goat really is a mechanical thing in a train yard....and the name pays homage to the train history of Hartford, why is it a cartoon goat and not a train?

If the 'Rock' in Rock Cats stands for the Granite city why is the logo of the Rock Cats a Rat stylized as Elvis singing into a guitar bat?

Reaction Score
Seriously though I don't see the issue. The name pays the homage and the logo is a logo kids can relate to.

The font pays homage to the NH-HFD-NY railroad. I'm pretty sure the mascot will be some type of conductor and he'll probably drive in on a train like how Rocky comes in on a Dattco bus. There's your train reference.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If a flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no holes is a Danish, who is working at the lumber yard?

Think about it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I just heard that Brass Bonanza will play after each Goat blast. :confused:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Interesting on the font they used. Seems to be official railroady font...

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/07//c6/ef/essex-steam-train-and.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Will be ordering up stuff tonight. Gifts galore.

Reaction Score
So Yard Goats gear is just about in all 50 states already. It's been 4 Days and the brand is more popular than the Rockcats who had a 20 year head start.

Reaction Score
To their credit, they did a very solid job with their branding. Logo/font & caps look good, and using the Whalers colors is a nice touch. (better job with the logo than the CT Whale did).

Reaction Score
To their credit, they did a very solid job with their branding. Logo/font & caps look good, and using the Whalers colors is a nice touch. (better job with the logo than the CT Whale did).

Baldwin screwed up with the Whale branding. The name was fine - the logo was terrible. If he had a great logo and the XLC renovations occurred at the time the Whale came to be I think they'd still exist (also if Baldwin wasn't broke). Good intentions, good idea, bad execution.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't bother with the Name the Mascot contest, I already submitted the winning entry - Casey. An iconic name in both the baseball and railroad worlds.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Don't bother with the Name the Mascot contest, I already submitted the winning entry - Casey. An iconic name in both the baseball and railroad worlds.
Not sure they are going to appreciate a coke-riddled engineer representing the team. Then again, the parent club is The Rockies, hailing from Colorado.

Reaction Score
Baldwin screwed up with the Whale branding. The name was fine - the logo was terrible. If he had a great logo and the XLC renovations occurred at the time the Whale came to be I think they'd still exist (also if Baldwin wasn't broke). Good intentions, good idea, bad execution.
Is this serious? The Whalers have one of the all-time best logos, it's why you still see it all over the country.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not sure they are going to appreciate a coke-riddled engineer representing the team. Then again, the parent club is The Rockies, hailing from Colorado.
Yeah, but Casey was also a goat. You can't be up there taking strikes with the tying run on 2nd.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Vincent van Goat should clearly be the winner.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Is this serious? The Whalers have one of the all-time best logos, it's why you still see it all over the country.
He's was referring to the Whale. Not the Whalers.

ctwhale.png
vs.
hartford-whalers-595x446.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I wonder if DirectTV will sponsor ads at the new stadium. Because with DirectTV we don't get goats. We get a horse.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I wonder if DirectTV will sponsor ads at the new stadium. Because with DirectTV we don't get goats. We get a horse.
That ad campaign is painful.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
An enterprising Phish phan created a smart t-shirt design several years ago for the Phish Hartford shows, to capitalize on the coincidence of Trey's "whale call" guitar sounds and the Whalers' logo.

To this day it is, without fail, the t-shirt for which I receive the most comments and compliments, no matter whether I am in CT, elsewhere in the Northeast, the South or the West Coast. It drives my wife and kids crazy (which is obviously a bonus) because it happens every single time I wear the shirt, usually from complete strangers who will stop me and/or yell out "Whalers!" while walking by, and they are sick of hearing me crow about it.

005.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member