Yankees qualify for World Cup | The Boneyard

Yankees qualify for World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It seems that Girardi and Long believe the best offense is to play for penalty kicks.

The Yankee starters have unionized and are seeking a share of the batters' salaries.

Reaction Score
Is it unbelievable or what? The most painful thing is 4 starting pitchers go down and the replacements are all really good, some beyond belief for the patch work. But they have such **y hitters it's a joke. For everyone who suddenly believed Gardner was a great signing (and I ate crow for a month or so) he turned into his usual self - streaky at best but just not a good hitter or base runner........Ellsbury had a couple months of fire but nothing there for the money either......Jeter is done and retiring at least - Tex should have retired midway through the season, he is actually pitiful and overmatched by anything over 93MPH, proof of PED's......Beltran may have to get a pass with injuries, McCann short of any expectations - finally found a decent player they Prado after experimenting with a bunch of old guys,, they DH Jeter when he can't go out there and cover 10 feet of SS and they get worst throwing Ryan out there who can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag, God awful offensive baseball team - Cashman and team should be embarrassed they put that team together and watched the pitching do wonderful things game in game out.......

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Go figure the patchwork pitching staff would be lights out. I wonder what the record is for the lowest team era and the most losses.

. But I still can't see all the praise of Kevin Long. For a few years now the team has been lousy at driving in runners from third with less than two out. I think it's because they are generally bad at going with the pitch and wind up hitting pop ups or other weak efforts because they all trying to pull the ball. Gardner, who used to go the other way, now sees himself as a HR threat and is trying to jack everything. Anyway, I get to ignore the Yanks for a few days. On a golf trip with friends.

Reaction Score
Go figure the patchwork pitching staff would be lights out. I wonder what the record is for the lowest team era and the most losses.

. But I still can't see all the praise of Kevin Long. For a few years now the team has been lousy at driving in runners from third with less than two out. I think it's because they are generally bad at going with the pitch and wind up hitting pop ups or other weak efforts because they all trying to pull the ball. Gardner, who used to go the other way, now sees himself as a HR threat and is trying to jack everything. Anyway, I get to ignore the Yanks for a few days. On a golf trip with friends.

Where you going cohen you lucky bastard? Hit them good and drink them better - smoke some Ashton's and have the time of your life.

The staff has been great haven't they? But Long probably should go but honestly, a bunch of real crappy hitters to work with.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Where you going cohen you lucky bastard? Hit them good and drink them better - smoke some Ashton's and have the time of your life.

The staff has been great haven't they? But Long probably should go but honestly, a bunch of real crappy hitters to work with.

I return to find the Yanks on a roll, having frolicked to 2 consecutive 3-2 maulings.

The golf, hmm. Some really good courses in the Black Bear State. The first at the Poland Spring resort was the least interesting, but easily had the hardest greens. 3 putting is the norm. It's an old Donald Ross design, almost all crowned greens and faster than lightening. I was lousy for the first 12 holes. Next day we were at the most visually appealing of the 3 we played and much tougher, Fox Ridge in Auburn ME. My day was a carbon copy of day one. (Yes, I remember carbon paper.) The final day was in Gray ME at Spring Meadows. A linksy place, and pretty hard, with many forced carries over swampy stuff. I played generally much better, almost holing 2 125 yd or so shots, one about 4" and the other about 2 ft. Unusually accurate for me. My killer was the really tough maybe 3 rd or 4th hole. A par 5, with forced carries off the tee and then from the fairway, with the second one, unless you're really long, pretty much a lay up before the reeds. I lost 3 balls on the sucker and had a 10 on the hole, ruining an otherwise good day on a medium hard layout. Big fairways mostly but lots of hazards along the way and often protected greens. Sad to say my tummy was not so hot, so I had 3 beers altogether and a lot of antacid. C'est la vie.

Reaction Score
I return to find the Yanks on a roll, having frolicked to 2 consecutive 3-2 maulings.

The golf, hmm. Some really good courses in the Black Bear State. The first at the Poland Spring resort was the least interesting, but easily had the hardest greens. 3 putting is the norm. It's an old Donald Ross design, almost all crowned greens and faster than lightening. I was lousy for the first 12 holes. Next day we were at the most visually appealing of the 3 we played and much tougher, Fox Ridge in Auburn ME. My day was a carbon copy of day one. (Yes, I remember carbon paper.) The final day was in Gray ME at Spring Meadows. A linksy place, and pretty hard, with many forced carries over swampy stuff. I played generally much better, almost holing 2 125 yd or so shots, one about 4" and the other about 2 ft. Unusually accurate for me. My killer was the really tough maybe 3 rd or 4th hole. A par 5, with forced carries off the tee and then from the fairway, with the second one, unless you're really long, pretty much a lay up before the reeds. I lost 3 balls on the sucker and had a 10 on the hole, ruining an otherwise good day on a medium hard layout. Big fairways mostly but lots of hazards along the way and often protected greens. Sad to say my tummy was not so hot, so I had 3 beers altogether and a lot of antacid. C'est la vie.

Sounds like fun - should have had a round at Belgrade Lakes.........for $175 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom