Yankee Stadium/Army Bus Trip & Tailgate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yankee Stadium/Army Bus Trip & Tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still TBD but there are plenty of spots we're evaluating right now close to the stadium and the metro north stop

Reaction Score
WhiteDressWes said:
How about Beer and Apizza from Modern, and a train that leaves by 12:30?
I love the idea. And was going to like your post. Then I was struck by your username and felt I needed an explanation of that first. :)

Reaction Score
I love the idea. And was going to like your post. Then I was struck by your username and felt I needed an explanation of that first. :)

To honor the great Wes, who was a Soph when I first became a Husky fan. His last name means white dress in Polish. I was good friends with two of his brother in-laws.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Just convinced my dad to make the trip down with me from Boston, bought two in the main section. No idea what we're doing for the tailgate/travel. Can't wait! #HuskyUp!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN-728x90-for-11.08.14.jpg

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Pretty excited for this! Going to see if my crew at The Rent this weekend is interested in doing the tailgate too. Probably 4-5, and taking the train in from NHV.

Reaction Score
Ryan - going to need 6 for tailgate only. Lemme know how to square up w you

Reaction Score
Should be finalizing tailgate later this week one way or another. Everything is set up (website for payment, caterer, etc.) just need to lock down our location. Apparently the lots around the stadium are officially "prohibiting" tailgating so we're trying to find one that will allow it for sure- a ton of other people running group events are running into the same issue. This tailgate has the possibility to be well over 400 people based on everyone that's been contacting me.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I will be in Ryan +5 - will true up soon

Reaction Score
I think we have 6 for the tailgate. I will come see you at your tailgate Saturday morning. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Ryan, I have six (6) for the tailgate only.

When do you think you will post the payment and other info? Should be a rocking time.

Reaction Score
Slight wrench got thrown into my plans on Friday afternoon at 5:30. Locked down the location (private lot right near metro north station underneath the Deegan) but need to find alternative manager for logistics (possibly new catering group too) so stay tuned; will absolutely happen and definitely be a great time.

Given this change, will likely have to be BYOB (liability/insurance makes it extremely cost-prohibitive). Plus now I'll need to process payments through Paypal (3% fee) since I'm not going to handle cash/checks for over 300-600 people.

Payments will be processed on the new college football website/business I'm starting and will go live once I add website content and register my business w the State.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Slight wrench got thrown into my plans on Friday afternoon at 5:30. Locked down the location (private lot right near metro north station underneath the Deegan) but need to find alternative manager for logistics (possibly new catering group too) so stay tuned; will absolutely happen and definitely be a great time.

Given this change, will likely have to be BYOB (liability/insurance makes it extremely cost-prohibitive). Plus now I'll need to process payments through Paypal (3% fee) since I'm not going to handle cash/checks for over 300-600 people.

Payments will be processed on the new college football website/business I'm starting and will go live once I add website content and register my business w the State.
keep us posted please!!

Reaction Score

Wow,
What you are doing is absolutely awesome. We have a group planning on taking the train to the game. Can we be included?

Reaction Score
RVfan- absolutely, would love to have you and anyone else who is coming by train.

Quick update- spent all this week setting things up. The website is ready to go and will launch soon, I've locked down a 100-car lot that's a quick walk to the Stadium and 50 yards from the Metro North Station, but it was at twice the cost I initially hoped it would be (signing the contact shortly) and I ran into a few other costs (porta-potties and trash service weren't included) that all really tested whether I wanted to do this or not. Ultimately, I need to pre-sell tailgates to 300 people and at least 50 cars need to buy parking passes @ about $30 each to make this work and have enough of the lot for tailgating.

The parking passes are the most critical component since the lot cost is fixed- I won't do this if we don't sell these. If you're coming down by car any way you won't find any lot for less than $25 so hopefully these should go quickly but I need feedback on this bc if they don't go I need to raise the tailgate price to cover the lot cost. You don't need to join our group to park with us, just keep in mind that no garage or Yankee-owned lots allow any form of "live" tailgating.

I have 171 people on my three buses so that means I need 129 more (assuming they all join). Price point will be $26-27/person, BYOB- I have a few more costs to lock down before I can finalize, assuming the parking passes sell.

Menu is consistent with what's above- of note, the caterer told me that Yankee Stadium actually allows visitors in w certain types of goodie-bags that he will provide so any leftover food we have he'll wrap appropriately for tailgate members to bring into the stadium.

I'm shooting to be "live" on October 1. I need to set up my business first, then bank accounts, etc. so I think Oct 1 is a realistic date to have everything up and running.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I've said it to you via e-mail but again I say thanks for organizing this. I know it's a pain but it is appreciated.

Reaction Score
Great news everyone- I put a ton of work in the last two days on reducing some of the high fixed costs, changed the pricing structure a bit on my site and ended up in the $22.50-23 range per person. I'll also have a package deal where the parking passes with two tailgates will save $4 on the parking pass.

Reaction Score
I'll probably be bringing like... 10-12 for the tailgate. Probably. Will have a better count after the game on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom