WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I love these proclamations that Connecticut football is not that good.

We have seen plenty of CT kids with raw talent. Play great in the last 12 years. I think that is what this Program is about. Grab these kids after evaluation & close examination. Let Matt Balis form them. And coach them up.

It's a been proven.
CT FB is not that good - Yes, there are D1 Prospects in state, kids with raw talents, just like every other state but overall talent and competition is not good in CT, in my opinion.

I have personally have watched HS FB in Fla (mostly Ely out of Pompano), CA, and a lot in Hawaii (St. Louis) while stationed there and all HS FB in those states, on a whole, is played at a much higher level against much better competition. This isn't a knock on CT FB Recruits its a knock of the amount of talent, coaching and other FB related outlets available to kids.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida

With all of that said I hope Rose stays home.

Per Capita Production of FBS Recruits by State (2008-2013)
Delaware is ranked 13 spots ahead of CT, which is ahead of Mass, NH, RI, VT, Maine, Alaska and North Dakota, among a couple others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love these proclamations that Connecticut football is not that good.

We have seen plenty of CT kids with raw talent. Play great in the last 12 years. I think that is what this Program is about. Grab these kids after evaluation & close examination. Let Matt Balis form them. And coach them up.

It's a been proven.
Connecticut HS football isn't as good compared to other states. Just in our own region HS football is better in Mass., NY and NJ. That said, it doesn't mean that Conn. HS football stinks or there are not outstanding future division 1 HS players in Connecticut. Rose is one of them.

Reaction Score
Connecticut HS football isn't as good compared to other states. Just in our own region HS football is better in Mass., NY and NJ. That said, it doesn't mean that Conn. HS football stinks or there are not outstanding future division 1 HS players in Connecticut. Rose is one of them.

New York is a big state!

If you are telling me CT football isn't as good as Albany or Syracuse or Rochester or Buffalo or Binghamton or ... lots of smaller cities/towns, I am going to say BS. Its just isn't so. My view, watching cousins who were all-state in CT and watching upstate Football for years, is that the highest level of Programs in CT were almost always better. Greater Boston? Not universally better. About 3-5 Programs are better than most anything you would find in CT. NJ? Of Course. Greater NYC? Lots of great athletes and some really solid Programs - but spotty.

That is 50% of our recuiting. Raw and not well-coached kids from Football Programs that aren't near the 12 month Sport you'd find down south. Less concussions too.

Reaction Score
Did I mention that you should go see him? If you are a football fan at any level, you will know what you are seeing pretty fast. You don't have to be a scout. Rose is a "special." The only reason that CT football talent matters is because it doesn't look fair. He currently plays like a seasoned D1 QB. I swear that Drury slow plays the games to keep his starters in longer. I've seen every game and Jay can throw a TD pass every single time he takes a snap. Friday knight, his incompletions hit his receivers in stride and right in the hands. If you are a real fan just suck it up and go but don't be late because he is done at halftime of every game this year with Glastonbury possibly being the only exception and that's because it's in Glastonbury and they will be pumped but my prediction is that JR will be on the bench halfway through the third Of that game too. It's to the point that the fans are quietly rooting for the other teams to score so he can stay in longer and throw more tds.

Reaction Score
Hey Jason if you are reading this, and I know you are, :cool: wouldn't you rather be a great player in the AAC than a good player in the ACC?

If you are the athlete we are hearing that you are, and you follow the Byron Jones/Geremy Davis workout regiment for your time at UConn, great numbers with freakish workouts always look better than good numbers with freakish workouts.

You're a smart guy Jason and I know this post will tip the scales. By the way Jason....I'm going to be washing my car later...so.....:D

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hey Jason if you are reading this, and I know you are, :cool: wouldn't you rather be a great player in the AAC than a good player in the ACC?

If you are the athlete we are hearing that you are, and you follow the Byron Jones/Geremy Davis workout regiment for your time at UConn, great numbers with freakish workouts always look better than good numbers with freakish workouts.

You're a smart guy Jason and I know this post will tip the scales. By the way Jason....I'm going to be washing my car later...so.....:D

Maybe you should tell this to Jasen as well.

Reaction Score
I am glad to see this staff can spot NFL talent that the rest of the country overlooks!

Reaction Score
JayRose1010 7:59pm via Twitter for iPhone
Officially announcing my college commitment Thursday September, 17. #Uconn #Syracuse

CPTV Sports ‏@CPTVSports 11h11 hours ago
CPTV Sports retweeted Jay Rose
What time @JayRose1010 @southingtonfb? We would like to have a camera there. #BICTSS

Jay Rose ‏@JayRose1010 11h11 hours ago
@CPTVSports @SouthingtonFB 2:30 at the high school

CPTV Sports‏@CPTVSports 11h11 hours ago
.@JayRose1010 @SouthingtonFB We will be there at 2. #BICTSS profile will air during next week's #InFocus, Wed night at 7. See you then

APA

Reaction Score

Beyond pathetic

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
All things being equal, I'd rather have the in-state player for obvious reasons. All things not usually being equal, I'll take the better player. But being a player from CT is not necessarily a hindrance. Ask Steve Young, Floyd Little, Bill Romanowski, Eugene Robinson, Nick Pietrosante, Nick Giaquinto, Tebucky Jones and a few hundred others, not to mention Orlovsky. The numbers aren't huge, but there is a enough quality not to just assume there can't be great ones playing HS ball in CT. Who knows how this kid will turn out. Not only that, but all a player has to be is good for UConn even if they never play a second of pro ball. I have a hard time getting that excited ahead of time about any recruit. They have to perform here, not in high school and we've seen in every sport we have some highly touted kids not live up to advance notice and other less heralded kids, including some walk-ons like Easley and Thomas become dominating players. Connecticut kids.

Reaction Score
Byron Jones just went in the first round, Lutrus was a freshman all American. Zach Hurd played at an all league level. I bring those kids up because they weren't coveted by other schools and excelled for us. Who cares that CT football doesn't compare with other states. There are D1 football players in our backyard that other schools are simply not going to know about or bother recruiting because they have a more highly rated player. I was high on both Matakevich and Jovan Santos Nix that went to UMass.

Also CT FB is on the rise in terms of D1 players produced.

Reaction Score
Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Jordan Reed, Donald Thomas

Terrance Knighton, Marcus Easley, Chris Baker, Donald Cherry (future), Tyler Matakavich (Future)

To name a few more. Which I'm sure we are missing more.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

He doesn't troll here

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Friday knight, his incompletions hit his receivers in stride and right in the hands.
Did you type knight on purpose?? C'mon....:)

I hope to get my girls to a game this year. We can hear the PA Announcer and the band from our house. Hope when we go, Rose is a UConn commit. Even if he's not, I hope he leads Southington to another state title. Kid seems like a good one all around.

Reaction Score
Noah finz on channel 8 just teased that he was going to talk anout the "besths football player in the state who is making his college choice announcement tomorrow "

Reaction Score
Noah finz on channel 8 just teased that he was going to talk anout the "besths football player in the state who is making his college choice announcement tomorrow "
Sorry about the typos. Fast typing and fat fingers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom