WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We shouldn't take kids only because they're CT kids. But to suggest the opposite and say that because someone's a CT kid we shouldn't take him is just maddeningly stupid. Rose is good enough to play for us, and if he comes here it will be a net positive for the program.

Reaction Score
I have to question whether we need Rose, or not.

First, several coaches apparently have said he's more of a TE rather than a QB. We really don't need more TE's.

Second, remember when BC's CT based coach told Boyle to look elsewhere. Well, Boyle put up big numbers at Xavier. But, look what he hasn't done here. CT HS football isn't as good as it's coaches claim. If Rose is in the same class as Boyle, perhaps it's best he goes to Cuse
Other than good statewide pub, it might be much better to get 2-3 OL's and a RB. Especially in a year with limited scolies available.

What?!?

Is this a technique of yours to avoid misery of missing out on him if he commits to Cuse? He is a very good to great athlete. Can never have enough of those. The day that we say we are all set at positions of guys with his caliber is the day we are in a P5 conference with multiple years of winning records. Our TE's show promise sure but they are not proven, not guys linked to future NFL drafts, not guys completely dominating games against good teams. And frankly neither are our QB's. So reel him in. Please o please reel him in.

Reaction Score
I have to question whether we need Rose, or not.

First, several coaches apparently have said he's more of a TE rather than a QB. We really don't need more TE's.

Second, remember when BC's CT based coach told Boyle to look elsewhere. Well, Boyle put up big numbers at Xavier. But, look what he hasn't done here. CT HS football isn't as good as it's coaches claim. If Rose is in the same class as Boyle, perhaps it's best he goes to Cuse
Other than good statewide pub, it might be much better to get 2-3 OL's and a RB. Especially in a year with limited scolies available.
Yes we need him. I've seen him play a number of times and he is a QB who can play other positions. I've also seen Boyle play and there is no comparison. Boyle was good but Rose is in a different class. Rose is a pin point passer. It would not surprise me if Rose came in and started at some point his freshman year. He is really that good plus he has sprinter's speed at 6'4" 225bs. And if he didn't make it at QB we would have one hell of a TE or WR. If we can get him we sign him immediately.
I agree on CT HS football. Just about every state has better football.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looking around at the recruiting services - it seems all of them have trimmed back the scope of their rating services - reviewing fewer kids and providing less depth on the ones they do cover. The roll back is probably driven by economics at this pay services which I would think in most markets isn't generating positive ROI. Any how, getting to the point, I think in most years Rose would already be tagged a 3 star or 4 star if the raters were out in the force they have been in the past. Regardless, its hard not to see nothing but good in his highlights - strong arm - vision - athleticism - execution.

Reaction Score
All I'm saying about Rose is many coaches, including possibly UConn, aren't recruiting him as a QB. These coaches should know what they are talking about. Coupled with a small recruiting class, then shouldn't we be recruiting OL's & an RB.
I've never seen him play. But with so many coaches not interested in his QB skills could he be another Boyle.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
All I'm saying about Rose is many coaches, including possibly UConn, aren't recruiting him as a QB. These coaches should know what they are talking about. Coupled with a small recruiting class, then shouldn't we be recruiting OL's & an RB.
I've never seen him play. But with so many coaches not interested in his QB skills could he be another Boyle.

So is every single CT QB we show interest in the next Boyle?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Looking like this decision won't be coming today...been crickets all day

Reaction Score
He played 1 year at QB and before that he was a TE with size , speed, and hands and that is how he got on the radar. Until you have seen him play comparing him to anyone doesn't make a lot of sense.
And as far as recruiting is concerned, we should be recruiting good players at every position. This isn't basketball where scholarships are extremely limited by comparison.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm kind of curious as to why this is dragging out for so long...kind of reminding me of the whole KJ Gray scenario with BC. Wondering if there is any kind of academic issue?

Reaction Score
I'm kind of curious as to why this is dragging out for so long...Wondering if there is any kind of academic issue?

Yeesh... Maybe he's 18/19 y/o and having a tough time making up his mind where to spend the next 5 years of his life or maybe Coach D asked him to wait and give the staff a nice going away present as they leave for Missouri.

Reaction Score
Remember, most of these kids are trying to decide where to spend the next 4-5 years 1-2 weeks into their senior year. I know most us didn't decide that early.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of curious as to why this is dragging out for so long...kind of reminding me of the whole KJ Gray scenario with BC. Wondering if there is any kind of academic issue?
Well, while you're wondering if the delay is due to an academic issue, I'm going to speculate that it's because his Aunt Agnes wants to be here for the big announcement! Since she probably lives in St. Augustine and likely doesn't like to fly, she'll probably be driving and won't be here until late Wednesday. That's gotta be the reason! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Everyone on this message board should go to a game. It's worth seeing him. It won't take long for you to see what the hype is about. Why wasn't he a big QB recuit? Southington, CT. He is way under the radar.

Reaction Score
Rose is an honor student. There are no academic issues.

Reaction Score
Everyone on this message board should go to a game. It's worth seeing him. It won't take long for you to see what the hype is about. Why wasn't he a big QB recuit? Southington, CT. He is way under the radar.
I'm gonna go with he has only played QB for 2 seasons at the high school level.....and that will be their loss if he turns into a good college QB.

Reaction Score
I went to Southington's 1st home game last season. Jasen was being keyed on all game. In the 3rd quarter he ran an end around the left side of the line & was triple team tackled as he went out of bounds & landed on his shoulder. The coaching staff kept him out of the rest of the game. The fans in the stands speculated that he had separated the shoulder. Nope. Back the next game & his gun slinging led the Knights to their 2nd straight LL title. Kid is tough as nails.

Reaction Score
So is every single CT QB we show interest in the next Boyle?

Well, when it comes to HS QB's CT isn't exactly Western PA

Just saying...after all, this is a small recruiting class. I assume these coaches, including Diaco, know what they are doing.

Reaction Score
This kid is a STUD.

He is a MUST GET for a fledgling program like UCONN.

This kid has NFL level talent. Yes, I have seen him play in person and am an NFL scout.

Getting Rose would be a real signal that things are on their way to improving @ UCONN and Diaco can recruit. This is a Chris Smith linch-pin recruit.

If he doesn't succeed @ QB, then is a top level TE talent.

Reaction Score
I love these proclamations that Connecticut football is not that good.

We have seen plenty of CT kids with raw talent. Play great in the last 12 years. I think that is what this Program is about. Grab these kids after evaluation & close examination. Let Matt Balis form them. And coach them up.

It's a been proven.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom