Wow - Maddon leaves the Rays | The Boneyard

Wow - Maddon leaves the Rays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He opted out of his contract and ended his association with the team.

I wonder if he's headed for the Dodgers?

The Rays have lost Friedman and Maddon in the offseason - does not portend well for their future.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see if the Dodgers keep their word on Donnie Baseball and if they do, maybe the Mets don't with Terry Collins?

Reaction Score
Interesting NY Times story about Maddon. It was an unexpected opportunity to become a free agent and earn much more than he was being paid (he didn't even realize his contract had an opt-out if Friedman left). And he was tired of managing with "limitations" - Tampa being 28th out of 30 teams in payroll and planning further cuts.

Maddon Opts Out

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see if the Dodgers keep their word on Donnie Baseball and if they do, maybe the Mets don't with Terry Collins?
It wouldn't surprise me if the Dodgers found a front office job for Maddon. Then he would be waiting in the wings if Mattingly did not get off to a good start. Donnie is signed through 2016 but the Dodgers seem to have an unlimited amount of money. I think Maddon is a huge step up over Mattingly or John Farrell as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maddon will be named manager of the Cubs shortly after the series. Theo loves him.

My recollection is that it was down to Maddon and Terry Francona when the Sox were looking to replace Grady Little. Wouldn't surprise me if the Cubs grabbed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom