Worst Tennessee Loss | The Boneyard

Worst Tennessee Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Worst loss by the orange you can ever remember...a few come to my mind

1) loss to Xavier in the NCAA's, don't think I ever saw Pat madder.

2) The three peet loss to UCONN in the NC game. Pat expected her team to lose the year before, but the 3 peet loss in 2004 was a bitter pill. Summitt expected to win.

3) Loss to Duke in 1999

4) ??????? Thoughts

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

2) The three peet loss to UCONN in the NC game. Pat expected her team to lose the year before, but the 3 peet loss in 2004 was a bitter pill. Summitt expected to win.

3) Loss to Duke in 1999

4) ??????? Thoughts

Ball State, Ball State, Ball State, Ball State

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
My hero team....

BALL STATE!!

In the FIRST round of the NCAA's

:)

Reaction Score
I especially relished the 20-odd point loss by Tennessee, after being down 27 points late in the 2000 NC game. Nuzzi and I had ringside seats to see Pat get knocked on her arse by Tameka Williams. That was GRRRRREAT!

Reaction Score
Utube got nothing but I found this. Schadenfreude is OK once in a while during off-season :)

http://ballstatesports.com/club/std/ViewCategory.dbml
search 'all categories'/'woman's BB' and select the top video - The Historic Season. Skip to about 2:30 in. Lots of clicking but hey, it's August and besides you'll enjoy the highlights of the game and comments from the players, who seem to think they had something to do with Tenn's loss.

Reaction Score

3) Loss to Duke in 1999

4) ??????? Thoughts

I think Pat expected to WIN the year before the 3 peat in 2003 and I think there's a broken clip board somewhere in Atlanta that will back me up on that.

In 2004 we were expected to win and they were lucky to even be in the Finals after 3 last second wins in a row.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Ball State is obvious. The 2003 losses to Diana and UConn (both regular season and NC game) were bitter pills to swallow. Getting crushed by Notre Dame in 2012 during the regular season was disastrous. SO was losing to ND in the 2011 regional finals. Losing 2012 with a scuffle with Baylor couldn't have been fun. I imagine 1995 and 2000 NC game losses to UConn must have sucked. IN both cases, UConn was infringing on the turf Tennessee had.

And losing to a freshman Brittney Griner in the 2010 regional semis, in their home state in Memphis, sparked a run of dominance in which Baylor owned the LVs.

Those are the more recent ones since the ascent of UCOnn.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Doggy's right, Doggy's right, Doggy's right, Doggy's right

But so too is Kibitzer - time to move on

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

But so too is Kibitzer - time to move on
I'm just really enjoying your post. I'll have it to show my wife. She says I'm never right.

Reaction Score
I'd vote for 1990 where Virginia beat Tennessee in the Regional finals (Norfolk, VA) in overtime, preventing the Lady Vols from making the Final Four held in -- Knoxville, TN !

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The Greatest Loss for Tenn was Cancelling the UConn Tenn Series. They've Paid dearly for that ever since.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Losing Pat Head Summitt's mind to Alzheimer's and her as a coach.

BTW, new research released on the impact of copper as an involved mineral in the process of plaque build up in the brain.

Reaction Score
Worst loss by the orange you can ever remember...

Obviously, the LV's getting bounced by Ball State ranks right up there on my list. I also thoroughly enjoyed ND taking the LV's behind on the woodshed, totally dominating and embarrassing them on Big Monday (Jan 23, 2012) in a nationally televised game, 72-44 -- the LV's lowest point total in the modern era. Then reading on The Summitt afterwards about how ND ran the score up on their defenseless wittle wady vols. I guess Orange fans have a short memory of how often they have done the same to inferior opponents over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom