Worst Halves | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Worst Halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No, there was that Providence game at the XL a few years ago where the Friars sodom*ized us the entire second half.

Two different games. I'm talking 20+ years ago. Both were fun, though!

Reaction Score
last night reminded me of our loss to royce white and iowa state. so god damn frustrating

Reaction Score
We really sucked in the 2nd half. Boxing out is so critical for us and we continue to not do it. Pretty good cameos of hustle, but without much reward. We have to attack the zone better than that. NG was nowhere to be found, but some of that is the over dribbling and trying to force the ball inside. Calhoun is in such a shooting slump and I know Ollie is trying to shake him out of it, but at what price? Bazz did not look comfortable all night. We also need to not make him shoulder all the responsibility for making a big play. Kromah needs to step up more too.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Brought to mind 1st half of the 97 NIT game against Nebraska. Brutally bad, but we won that game on a furious rally. Rash Jones, I think, hit the tying 3, and the roof nearly came off gampel.

Reaction Score
last night reminded me of our loss to royce white and iowa state. so god damn frustrating

Frustrating, yes, but that Iowa State game was over after the first possession (Drummond bricking a 10-footer, followed by Royce White going coast to coast, blowing by Drummond and a sleepwalking AO and slamming it over/through Roscoe). We were never into that game mentally, from that opening sequence all the way through Lamb's embarrassing windmill dunk fail at the end.

Last night didn't look like we were mentally out of it. We just had no strategy for how to score against a zone, which falls on our coaches and our veteran guards/wings.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Everyone just looked sluggish as all hell except for Daniels (briefly) as well as Nolan/Brimah who were energetic but ineffective. Strategy for our next game: Sleepytime Tea for our centers and 10 shots of espresso for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom