Words of reason on next year's season. | The Boneyard

Words of reason on next year's season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Next year is going to be just fine! I have to deplore the tendency here to ignore the superior quality of Ms. Tuck, which seem to be obscured by the superior qualities of Stewie and MoJet. Morgan is arguably the third best player this season (and last) in wcbb. If I am not badly mistaken, Butler is going to be a monster. Nurse and Gabby are also AA quality. While it is true that Saniya is not going to turn into MoJet over the summer, so what? On the basis of the Neb game, she is going to be very capable indeed. (Not fair to compare her to the best point guard in UConn history!) Collier and Lou are already playing at a UConn level, and CD and Boykin are waiting in the wings. I don't see anyone else playing at UConn's level next season. It is possible that they might lose a game or two early, but I will be surprised if they do. Other teams may equal the Huskies in individual talent (however that might be defined and measured) but in team talent, no way. The UConn system just goes rolling along.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think UConn will be quite good next year. But what just about all of our NC teams have had is at least one player who is far superior than anyone else has. The first NC team had Lobo and an unusual, at the time, center in Wolters. Otherwise, we've had a Taurasi, a Moore and a Stewart, with a couple of not too shabby supporting players like Bird, Charles and Jefferson. At this point, I don't see anyone at their level, at least not based on this team. The kid we didn't get who is at that level is DeShields, and there would have been overlap going into next year(Not saying how she would have fit in, but our coach wanted her and must've thought he could work with her)Nurse is terrific, but if she's "The One" I'm not sure what happens when she's the focus. Ditto for Tuck. It's way too early to judge about KLS and Collier as far as super stardom goes. I'm anxious to see Butler and hope she'll be a force. The other kids are role players. Dangerfield will be a freshman and we have to remember that MoJeff of her first two years was not the MoJeff of her last two.Hard to remember that UConn doesn't win every year but teams like USC and Baylor, to name two, will be pretty loaded next year. Next year will be one of those years where we won't be favored, but we won't be out of the discussion either. Winning it all next year (which we haven't done yet this year, before we assume too much) isn't out of the question because regardless of maybe not having that "head and shoulders" best player, as you pointed out, we won't 't have chopped liver either and we have great coaching.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What do you say we try and enjoy this year first !!
Oh I do, I do! It is just that there have been a spate of silly posts on next year's "drop off". However, if it bothers you, I will do my best to say no more on the subject. Not much more to say, anyway. :cool:

Reaction Score
Oh I do, I do! It is just that there have been a spate of silly posts on next year's "drop off". However, if it bothers you, I will do my best to say no more on the subject. Not much more to say, anyway. :cool:
Nothing phases me, no worries !!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'll enjoy this year first.

Why worry about next year. Geno has been down this road before. The cubboard is not going to be bare. We have plenty of talent and very good incoming class. Obviously you do not replace a Stewie or Moriah. You remold the team to fit the talent and skills available. Geno is a master at this and so is CD and Shea and Marissa. We will still be favorites to make the final four.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, yes, please stay on point. You know how we hate it when people go off point. :cool:

Reaction Score
What do you say we try and enjoy this year first !!

But we're already three games in!

Next year could be:

1. Challenging, by UConn standards, and
  2. Fantastic, by everyone else’s

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yes, yes, please stay on point. You know how we hate it when people go off point. :cool:
Point taken. Thanks for your pointed post pointing that out. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc