Women's NIT Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
UCLA vs Michigan

Temple vs West Virginia

Me personally, pulling for Temple and the AAC.

Interesting, the UCLA freshman are now "sophomores" as they are one year end and are playing well.

Should be 3 good games.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Huge turnaround for Temple from a team that was 7-11 after their first game with UConn and still just 11-14 on February 10. The Owls are now 9-2 for their last 11 and Tonya has them going in the right direction. No matter what happens in NIT FF, it should be a big boost for the next season as another AAC team works its way up and another underloved conference that UConn is part of like the old 1990s BEast moves toward the top.

Reaction Score
I am happy for all the teams still playing. With UCLA, I think they had the top recruiting class for last season. To see their team clicking, this late, just gets them fired up for next season. Temple, lead by our girl (Tonya) is clicking and just gives our conference that much more notice and it gives those Temple players a huge shot of confidence. Michigan and West Virginia, two really great schools with women's programs that are lead by great coaches, are playing well. So it is nice to see all of those teams playing well and just gives those programs much needed confidence for the summer and future success.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Teams that do well in the NIT or WNIT often use that success as a springboard to a great season the following year.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
As just one example, RU and USF played in the semifinals of last year's WNIT. This year they were both among the final 32 teams in the tournament.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As just one example, RU and USF played in the semifinals of last year's WNIT. This year they were both among the final 32 teams in the tournament.
Yep, and Coach Calhoun said it helped the men's team years ago.

Reaction Score
I am so happy to see the progress the Owls have made in the second half
of the season.

I fear, however, that the Mountaineers will be a bit too much to handle
in the semis.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Temple loses in OT to West Virgina so no AAC representation. UCLA edged Michigan. Jordin Canada had a big game and is easily the most impressive of UCLA's vaunted class.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Temple loses in OT to West Virgina so no AAC representation. UCLA edged Michigan. Jordin Canada had a big game and is easily the most impressive of UCLA's vaunted class.

Too bad since Temple was head for so much of the game. Would have been nice to see Tonya's team make it to the final.

Reaction Score
Temple did not get to the line as often. And when they did, they did not shoot well, 38.9%FT! Had they score one more point at the line, they would have won in the regulation time. I am sure their coach will ask them to practice on FT in the summer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UCLA squeaked past West Virginia 62-60 to win the WNIT. Jordin Canada scored 31 points including 13-15 from the foul line. She has star written all over her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom