Wolthausen on Campenni, Myers, Sacks & the 3-4 | The Boneyard

Wolthausen on Campenni, Myers, Sacks & the 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to what Myers can do. He showed some great things last year and looks like he can really be the buy to get some push to the QB

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We need some of our kids to develop the ability to bring heat off the edges.. We need at least one Trevardo type

How they use Ormsby becomes important. He showed some flashes but when you see his snap count from the season he needs to impact a higher percentage of plays.

Reaction Score
How they use Ormsby becomes important. He showed some flashes but when you see his snap count from the season he needs to impact a higher percentage of plays.

Agreed - when I saw this comment:

"Cole Ormsby, who we moved back to the line during the season and was really able to play in every game, in every situation. He was a bit undersized last year, but now he’s heavier and coming along. He can really be a real dominant player.".

I went to look at what he came in @ in 2013 and where he is now. In a Courant article when he committed he was reported to be 6-3 230 - latest update on Spring roster has him @ 6-3 257.

Reaction Score
That "Trevardo" type player is gonna have to come from whomever fills the role left by Frank last year. Sounds like they've moved Ormsby back to the DE spot (he played a lot at the hybrid DE/LB last year) where he needs to bulk up more closer to the 275 lb range to fit Diaco's system.

The kids I'm looking at for that hybrid spot are Carrezola & Diggs. Those 2 showed me something as true frosh.

Reaction Score
Agreed re: Carrezola and Diggs.. Diggs seemed like he had that speed to get in the backfield.. 2 more kids I'm hoping can show something are the redshirt froshes- Akins and Lawley... They seem to have that length along with size we need over there.. Do they have speed, along with, edge rush moves too? Hope so...

Reaction Score
I think Lawley will be good, Carrezola to. Diggs and Ormsby have a chance to get in the backfield a lot at OLB.

Reaction Score
That "Trevardo" type player is gonna have to come from whomever fills the role left by Frank last year. Sounds like they've moved Ormsby back to the DE spot (he played a lot at the hybrid DE/LB last year) where he needs to bulk up more closer to the 275 lb range to fit Diaco's system.

The kids I'm looking at for that hybrid spot are Carrezola & Diggs. Those 2 showed me something as true frosh.

I don't think Diggs has the size that Diaco's looking for in that position. My guess is that it will either be Carrezola or Ormsby isn't moving.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think Diggs has the size that Diaco's looking for in that position. My guess is that it will either be Carrezola or Ormsby isn't moving.

Hope they get Diggs on the field. Like Ornsby saw some flashes.

It's just a matter of turning flashes into consistency. Diggs seems to have game speed they don't have enough of yet.

Reaction Score
I agree they're good players. But when you're rushing three it's tough to bring pressure.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You're still rushing 4 in a 3-4, the outside LBs were just so poor at getting there.

C

Chief00

If all these kids are so good how come we had almost no pass rush? My favorite is Myers - he did not win Diaco's low body fat contest but the kid can play.

Reaction Score
If all these kids are so good how come we had almost no pass rush? My favorite is Myers - he did not win Diaco's low body fat contest but the kid can play.
Say hi to Andre for me.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You're still rushing 4 in a 3-4, the outside LBs were just so poor at getting there.
This was the problem. We had ZERO OLB pressure last season. Any pass rush we generated came from our 3 DL and that's NOT how a 3-4 should be working. Opposing O-Lines had it easy. We gotta find someone who can bring pressure off the edge. Stewart wasn't cutting it last year and got burned many times. He's gotta fix that or we gotta find someone else.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count out the freshman to be situational pass rushers. There are a lot of 6'3-6'-6" guys between 230 and 260 that could turn out to be good 3rd down edge rushers from the olb position. We just need 1-2 to step up and be able to play this season.

Reaction Score

That "Trevardo" type is a rarity. The kid was a 100M track guy. And we had another 100M track guy in Campbell on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom