Wolf played another very good game. | The Boneyard

Wolf played another very good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if he was out +/- leader.

He was very solid on both ends. Not spectacular but effective.

Reaction Score
going forward the minutes need to start slanting in his favor at C over Olander. not only will it help the team this year but for next year to have a competent C to support the 1-4 spots.

Reaction Score
He is by far our best low post defender. Also doen't allow the guards to come free down the middle. He makes them pay!!

Reaction Score
yes agreed on Wolfman......

It is unfortunate that Tyler did not build on that ND game........he just gets lost out there. Doesn't stand his ground on D rather jumping or moving forward vs less than stellar offensive guys. If he would just stay still, kepp his spot and turn and box out he'd be fine but he somehow needs to move and make plays!!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
He really needs to be our default center, if only because TO is no better than him

Reaction Score
He really needs to be our default center, if only because TO is no better than him

Not seeing default as the reason, he has played some solid minutes when not in foul trouble. He makes guys miss shots, he keeps balls alive off the offensive boards and he does a pretty nice job hedging on cutting players.........he's been consistently better than TO for the most part...........wish they were both solid!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
TO still managed to out rebound EW 4-3 with two fewer minutes. They both only scored 2 points. What I loved about EW was that bottled up the inside far better than TO. Also Judge schooled TO on an up fake. EW did not fall for the same move by Judge.

You can tell KO is teaching EW. Kadeem Jack pushed EW into the paint for an easy two and KO gave EW a quick hook putting in Nolan. I expect EW to be a very good 5 for UConn as the season progresses.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
EW shows a nice feel for the game and he plays pretty loose, pretty spontaneously. He's making good progress in avoiding fouling. He does a pretty good job of moving his feet. He has good hands and he can pass the ball with good vision. There will be matchups where he is much less effective, I expect (the "too strong and too quick" guys).

I keep wondering why he is not getting more minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc