WNBA Draft 2015 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a non fan of Elizabeth William's game I was thrilled she was taken by the CT SUN! Maybe this will hastened Anne (I have no clue!) Donovan ride out of CT, tarred and feathered! Brittany Hrynko is a really good guard though so they may balance out! But knowing AD she might cut Hrynko because she has real promise!

Reaction Score
At least the crappy fans in attendance could have clapped a bit. from the shots they took of the audience. they looked like a bunch of constipated grumps waiting for the Milk of Magnesia to kick in :mad:

Thats the way it looked on TV.... perhaps Im wrong.

triaddukefan- - - No you weren't wrong!!!!!!! It seems my opinion of Eliz. Williams BB game is held by most CT fans also! They must have seen her overrated from her freshman year through her senior year! I laughed when they panned the CT crowd and not one acted happy that EW was going to wear the white/orange/red uniform of the CT Sun!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was happy KML went 3rd. Reasonably pleased Stokes went 11th---but she should have gone 8th--maybe they didn't see the same Stokes I was watching all year and read the anti-hype that Stokes "cant" score. She can. We'll see won't we~~~
Nice that KML has Sue to mentor her with Seattle--I was happy for MaLott (Dayton) going to Wizards, she's a very good player and top notch scorer (although Uconn stopped her dead in the second half).
Mystic

Reaction Score
Striper69 said:
She's just like Rodman. ARE YOU INSANE, STRIPER????????
upload_2015-4-17_3-40-15.jpeg
images

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
triaddukefan- - - No you weren't wrong!!!!!!! It seems my opinion of Eliz. Williams BB game is held by most CT fans also! They must have seen her overrated from her freshman year through her senior year! I laughed when they panned the CT crowd and not one acted happy that EW was going to wear the white/orange/red uniform of the CT Sun!

I dont want to get a mod to edit this post so I'll just post this :cool:

Guess I'll just root for my favorite players.... and not the team

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Harrison had knee surgery in early March, but it seemed odd that she was still using crutches. I get the brace - if she had heels on, you want a brace. But when I had my 2nd ACL, the good doc had me weight bearing within 5 days, and told me I'd know when to get rid of the crutch. I know every rehab is different but just seemed off.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was happy KML went 3rd. Reasonably pleased Stokes went 11th---but she should have gone 8th--maybe they didn't see the same Stokes I was watching all year and read the anti-hype that Stokes "cant" score. She can. We'll see won't we~~~
Nice that KML has Sue to mentor her with Seattle--I was happy for MaLott (Dayton) going to Wizards, she's a very good player and top notch scorer (although Uconn stopped her dead in the second half).

In her interview with LaChina Robinson Kiah says she is exited and looking to show her offensive game which "has only been seen in practice." Go Kiah. I'm looking forward to it!

Reaction Score
Harrison had knee surgery in early March, but it seemed odd that she was still using crutches. I get the brace - if she had heels on, you want a brace. But when I had my 2nd ACL, the good doc had me weight bearing within 5 days, and told me I'd know when to get rid of the crutch. I know every rehab is different but just seemed off.
She probably had meniscus damage which happens with about 75% of all tears, depending on how bad the damage crutches can be need for up to 6 months after surgery.

Reaction Score

People see what they want to see. Except for the 2 picks from UConn, the crowd seems to react the same way for all the other picks. As far as your opinion of EW being overrated, you can't have stat line like this playing in the toughest conference in WCBB if you are not any good.

## SUMMARY GP-GS Min FG% 3PT% FT% R/G A/G STL BLK PTS/G
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
01 Elizabeth Williams.. 32-32 32.0 .488 .000 .599 9.0 2.5 48 95 14.5

Reaction Score
MilfordHusky- - - That was held in the Mohegan Sun Arena!
The arena appeared much smaller because the majority of it was blocked off with the set decorations. What you saw on TV was perhaps a quarter to a third of the actual size of the arena.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I expected Sara Hammond to have been chosen...her senior season didn't meet expectations but she's a stellar athlete with a high basketball IQ.
I wouldn't say stellar athlete. For her "size" she was mobile and can step out and hit deep shots. But still, I agree, I'm surprised she wasn't drafted. Maybe she will be invited to a training camp or 2?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say stellar athlete. For her "size" she was mobile and can step out and hit deep shots. But still, I agree, I'm surprised she wasn't drafted. Maybe she will be invited to a training camp or 2?

Re Sara Hammond, do you think that she would have had a better career and chance to be drafted if she picked UConn?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Re Sara Hammond, do you think that she would have had a better career and chance to be drafted if she picked UConn?
You know a lot (or maybe some) UCONN fans might say that but I don't think so. I saw her in the BET when she was a freshman. Knew she was about #12 coming out of HS. I was VERY unimpressed with her - big, slow, decent hands, and a lefty which was cool, but couldn't understand why she was rated so highly coming out of HS.

Over the years, she seemed to get in much better shape - she was always a "bigger" kid, but she seemed more muscular and as I said, she did move well for a kid her size (in other words you can't compare her athleticism to a guard or a wing, or a forward like Cash). And her game and range improved as well. I didn't like her "style" of play especially vs. UCONN, but I thought her talents and game and fitness improved while at L'ville.

Just my opinion but I think L'ville got about as much out of her as she was capable of giving. If I had to guess, I would say the reason she went undrafted is that WNBA forwards now are more mobile and often taller (Stokes is 6'3" - could play forward with 6'4" Charles on the floor). 6'2" players like Cash, and even 6'3" players like Jones are much more athletic as well. I just think Hammond doesn't really fit into what most WNBA teams need. Players who are not tremendously mobile (Dolson, Paris, etc) need to be taller. Maybe she could have a game like McCarville, but Joanne lit it up in college - something Hammond did not. A solid player, but probably not a WNBA talent... Again just my $.02...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom