WNBA Draft 2015 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Geez. That can be said about the vast majority of the players drafted. Why does Michala get a special (pejorative) mention. It's an accomplishment to get drafted at all. Can't we just celebrate that?

Your own statement says it all. It's very hard to make a WNBA roster. Not pejorative, just factual. Go ahead and celebrate, I won't stop you.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
You got a scouting report on her? I'd love to hear it.

Laney is a bit of a tweeter in the WNBA because of her heights (6ft), but she has a pro-ready body and has drastically improved her guard skills while at RU. She is deadly from midrange and in transition, and has worked hard on developing a 3-pt shot. Incredibly strong lower body, and she's an instinctual rebounder who has a sense for where the ball will go off the rim--she had close to 20 double doubles this year.

psconn

Reaction Score
Crap... my 3rd favorite player of all time just got traded to the Sun :eek:

Guess this means Azura Stevens will be drafted by the Sun in 2018 :oops:

And the Sun trade Hrynko to Atlanta for..... Jasmine Thomas. A Trifecta of Dukie!!! :p
Chelsea, Elizabeth and Jasmine. I'm no fan of Duke, but since its all about the laundry... welcome aboard! They seem like a good bunch of 'kids'.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Elizabeth Williams must be happy as hell. She finally gets to wear a "Connecticut" jersey instead of getting destroyed by others girls wearing Connecticut jerseys.

[and after all, it is the secret dream of every Dookie (and ND player) to wear the UConn Blue]

At least the crappy fans in attendance could have clapped a bit...... from the shots they took of the audience...... they looked like a bunch of constipated grumps waiting for the Milk of Magnesia to kick in :mad:

Thats the way it looked on TV.... perhaps Im wrong.

psconn

Reaction Score
At least the crappy fans in attendance could have clapped a bit. from the shots they took of the audience. they looked like a bunch of constipated grumps waiting for the Milk of Magnesia to kick in :mad:

Well, I was one of the crappy fans who stood and cheered. She seemed to get a pretty good welcome and Holly even mentioned it in the interview. Didn't bring the house down, but it was pretty good.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
KML goes to Seattle too.....after Jewell. ND just can't seem to shake these Huskies no matter how far they venture. :)
In her interview, KML said she roomed with Jewel as junior players. She talks to Jewel. KML told Jewel that K was great at the alley oop pass. Jewel responded that she can kick it out. Sounds like they will get along great.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, I was one of the crappy fans who stood and cheered. She seemed to get a pretty good welcome and Holly even mentioned it in the interview. Didn't bring the house down, but it was pretty good.

Ok... when they showed the crowd..... it didnt look like a happy bunch.... perhaps it was just that particular section.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Let's be real here. Madison Cable seems like a nice kid, a really hard working team player, big-heart, tough, versatile, but undersized, not a WNBA-level athlete and lacking WNBA-level skillsets. Cable reminds me a whole lot of a kid I just LOVED but who has sadly been unable to play (yet) at the pro level- Kelly Faris. And I think Kelly was better than Madison in almost every aspect of her game. So Cable staying in school and getting her advanced degree absolutely makes good sense. I don't see Madison ever being even a marginal WNBA player, especially with their short rosters.

I don't think it was between her going pro and coming back. Her boyfriend just signed with the Blackhawks and is playing for their AHL team in Rockford. I thought she might have been tempted to take a job in Chicago.

I definitely agree regarding her pro potential - it's not quite there. But I took the positive route instead of saying she won't be drafted next year anyway.

Reaction Score
They didnt have the WNBA back then.... did Cheryl Miller ever play in a pro league in the US ?
She got drafted by three leagues, including the USBL, a men's league. She did play for a while then blew out her knee. She turned to coaching pretty quickly.

Reaction Score
Geez. That can be said about the vast majority of the players drafted. Why does Michala get a special (pejorative) mention. It's an accomplishment to get drafted at all. Can't we just celebrate that?
Most of last years players made the teams.

Reaction Score
In her interview, KML said she roomed with Jewel as junior players. She talks to Jewel. KML told Jewel that K was great at the alley oop pass. Jewel responded that she can kick it out. Sounds like they will get along great.
Ying and yang...

Reaction Score
I don't think it was between her going pro and coming back. Her boyfriend just signed with the Blackhawks and is playing for their AHL team in Rockford. I thought she might have been tempted to take a job in Chicago.

I definitely agree regarding her pro potential - it's not quite there. But I took the positive route instead of saying she won't be drafted next year anyway.
She hit that clutch shot at the end of the SC game so I wouldn't write her off just yet.

Reaction Score
And the Sun trade Hrynko to Atlanta for..... Jasmine Thomas. A Trifecta of Dukie!!! :p
Chelsea, Elizabeth and Jasmine. I'm no fan of Duke, but since its all about the laundry... welcome aboard! They seem like a good bunch of 'kids'.
That's what I was thinking- a very distinct Duke flavor to this Sun team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Atlanta drafted Sam Logic, so they were heavy with PGs. Shoni may get some more PT, but I'd love to see her get fitter. She looked out of shape when L'ville was televised.

Reaction Score
Atlanta drafted Sam Logic, so they were heavy with PGs. Shoni may get some more PT, but I'd love to see her get fitter. She looked out of shape when L'ville was televised.

Pun intended? lol

I thought they were going to unload her when they drafted Logic.

I'm holding out hope that she surprises everyone when the season opens...

Reaction Score
At least the crappy fans in attendance could have clapped a bit. from the shots they took of the audience. they looked like a bunch of constipated grumps waiting for the Milk of Magnesia to kick in :mad:

LOL!

That place looks little on tv. If it's the place where they play BB it's very deceiving. That place is pretty big!

Do they let everyone get a ticket to the draft?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
LOL!

That place looks little on tv. If it's the place where they play BB it's very deceiving. That place is pretty big!

Do they let everyone get a ticket to the draft?
I haven't been there, but I think it was in a theater that's part of the complex, not the arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom