WNBA Draft 2015 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Lauren Mincy to New York too at #27. Thought maybe she would go sooner than that.

Reaction Score
Oh my God! You take that back. Kiah is nothing like that that miserable, whining cheap shot artist.

Only in the sense that Lame-beer was as relentless on the defensive end as he was impotent on the offensive. But you have to admit, seeing Kiah rock the stage in that skin-tight "dressy-thingy" was..... OMG !!!! It understandably impaired my ability to think clearly, thus the Laimbeer comparison.

Reaction Score
I expected Sara Hammond to have been chosen...her senior season didn't meet expectations but she's a stellar athlete with a high basketball IQ.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting that Sara Hammond still hasn't gone.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ok draft for Chicago. Almost got lucky and got to take Parker and Gray. With Fowles' situation up in the air, it was more important to take a 4 that can play 5 rather than a 4 that can play 3. Don't really know much about Parker but she's basically taking Gennifer Brandon's roster spot and she can't possibly be worse than Brandon because Brandon couldn't do *anything* at a pro level besides run and jump.

I don't really know that Laney or Welch will make a difference, but Welch is a tough cookie. She's worth at least a look in camp.

Reaction Score
You got a scouting report on her? I'd love to hear it.
Laney is kind of like Stokes as far as a shot blocker goes. She can also score. I think she'll be just what the Sky need. I went to several Rutgers games and was always impressed by her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My impression of E. williams too. Stokes stopped her scoring (uc vs Duke) and defensively in that game Stokes was head and shoulder (big shoulders) above her. One over rated the other under rated--you decide which.. I too am pleased with KML to Sue Bird..

not.jpg

She didn't look too excited to be picked by Conn.

maybe she reads the boneyard :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Elizabeth Williams must be happy as hell. She finally gets to wear a "Connecticut" jersey instead of getting destroyed by others girls wearing Connecticut jerseys.

[and after all, it is the secret dream of every Dookie (and ND player) to wear the UConn Blue]

-I'm in Manhattan every day, so catching lots of Swin's and Kiah's games will be a no-brainer.
-Try this BSchwartz, it got me to the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2569122/

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Thanks Orang.....I had not heard that she was coming back.

Not official yet, but a reliable poster on the ND board who was at the banquet said it was announced there. Technically, the university still has to accept her grad school app, which should be a formality.

Last edited:

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Unlikely to be there very long though, unfortunately.

Geez. That can be said about the vast majority of the players drafted. Why does Michala get a special (pejorative) mention. It's an accomplishment to get drafted at all. Can't we just celebrate that?

Reaction Score
Let's be real here. Madison Cable seems like a nice kid, a really hard working team player, big-heart, tough, versatile, but undersized, not a WNBA-level athlete and lacking WNBA-level skillsets. Cable reminds me a whole lot of a kid I just LOVED but who has sadly been unable to play (yet) at the pro level- Kelly Faris. And I think Kelly was better than Madison in almost every aspect of her game. So Cable staying in school and getting her advanced degree absolutely makes good sense. I don't see Madison ever being even a marginal WNBA player, especially with their short rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom