WNBA ALL-STAR GAME | The Boneyard

WNBA ALL-STAR GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heck yeah. Congrats, Stef!!! Wow. Just so proud of this young lady and all that she has accomplished, and continues to accomplish, in her career. Just happy for her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
anyone going to the game today... I'm debating!

Reaction Score
Congratulations, Stef...aging like fine wine...

This fine wine of Steff is great to see, but this kid has a lot of "aging" to do before she is done Your Congratulation is well deserved by a fun lady to watch. Has Uconn or the WNBA ever had a more bubbly, free spirit than Stef???? \
One Trick pony, ever been hung with a new rope?? (Oklahoma-isms)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tina was leading all scorers in the first half, too.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's the famed "uconn penumbra". In other words, a shadow cast upon all of WBB. Of course, uconn dominates WCBB. Meanwhile, the W all- star game featured Maya, Tina, Sue, and Stef. Team USA squads have been adorned with UConn alumnae. Meanwhile, Maya was MOP of the 2014 FIBA tournament, Diana led her team to last season's WNBA championship, and Maya shines yet again in this season's all-star game. Finally, all Breanna Stewart has done is win three NCAA MOP awards, including in a year when UConn's men's team brought the championship home, too.

Yes, the shadow looms so large that at times, you may not be able to see anything other than UConn. And personally, I'm perfectly happy with that.

On an unrelated note, this was the last ASG for Tamika Catchings, who will retire after next season (and the W doesn't play the ASG during Olympic years). Safe travels, Tamika; LV or not, you're a basketball treasure.

Reaction Score
Maya with 30 pts takes home MVP -

A good time was had by all :)

Awesome!! So happy for all of the players (especially our UConn players :D) and fan interest. I was at my daughter's dance competition. I got the game on DVR and about to cue it up now. Congrats, Maya!!

Reaction Score
Likely Sue Bird's last, too... in typical Bird fashion, she indicated she'd rather avoid all the hoopla Catch has generated (and deserved).

So true. Sue is just so humble and laid back. The rest of the basketball community might forge or overlook Sue and her contributions to the women's basketball. We (UConn Community) will never forget!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya's 30 points came on only 16 shots and set an ASG record. Catch passed Lisa Leslie for career ASG scoring. Look for Maya to blow that record away.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Gotta give some love to first timer Alex Bentley from the Sun. 23 points on >60% shooting...
From the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Department: Kelsey Bone (0-3) lost the worst-three-point-shooter-of-the-game crown to Tina (0-4). :confused:

Good fun at the Sun tonight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching Stef play her freshman year at UConn, if you had told me she would one day make it to the WNBA, let alone become a WNBA All-Star, I would have thought you to be a certifiable lunatic. The incredible strides that kid has made (under the guidance of the best coaches in WCBB) are truly remarkable.

Stefanie Dolson is an extraordinary example of what is possible to achieve when you want something really bad and are willing to put in the work to get it.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Watching Stef play her freshman year at UConn, if you had told me she would one day make it to the WNBA, let alone become a WNBA All-Star, I would have thought you to be a certifiable lunatic. The incredible strides that kid has made (under the guidance of the best coaches in WCBB) are truly remarkable.

Stefanie Dolson is an extraordinary example of what is possible to achieve when you want something really bad and are willing to put in the work to get it.

So who is the player in green at the top? :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Amazing play-by-play in the 4th:

East leads 106-105

1:51 Maya makes 24' 3-pointer

1:30 Maya makes driving layup

1:08 Maya makes 15' jumper and is fouled by Angel

1:08 Maya makes free throw

West now leads 113-106 on an 8-0 Maya run over 43 seconds.

0:38 Maya makes 14' jumper, setting the ASG scoring record and giving the West a 115-108 lead.

I love it when Maya goes into the phone booth, puts on her cape, and becomes a superhero!

Reaction Score
Look who in her second year in the league is going to the wnba all-star game, now other then Uconn alum STEFANIE DOLSON!! Congratulations!
Why not?

I know I voted for her multiple times!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
image.jpg
It's the famed "uconn penumbra". In other words, a shadow cast upon all of WBB. Of course, uconn dominates WCBB. Meanwhile, the W all- star game featured Maya, Tina, Sue, and Stef. Team USA squads have been adorned with UConn alumnae. Meanwhile, Maya was MOP of the 2014 FIBA tournament, Diana led her team to last season's WNBA championship, and Maya shines yet again in this season's all-star game. Finally, all Breanna Stewart has done is win three NCAA MOP awards, including in a year when UConn's men's team brought the championship home, too.

Yes, the shadow looms so large that at times, you may not be able to see anything other than UConn. And personally, I'm perfectly happy with that.

On an unrelated note, this was the last ASG for Tamika Catchings, who will retire after next season (and the W doesn't play the ASG during Olympic years). Safe travels, Tamika; LV or not, you're a basketball treasure.
I couldn't resist Alex- she was awesome when I met her in Tulsa last year!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

Well said and I'll second that big time!

Reaction Score
I was going to post that Shoni Schimmel's fans did her no favors by voting her in as a starter. But I take that back.

They not only did her a favor but did the WNBA itself and all the other All-Stars a favor by bringing in more viewers and fans.

Shoni and Skylar are probably the two most influential WNBA players today. They are also positive role models and need to keep that in mind all the time. I think that needs to be said.

Reaction Score
I went to the game with the family pack tickets. Tickets cost $15 each and included a hot dog, a box of popcorn and a soft drink. The seats were great and the girls put on a great show. Maya was the best player on the court. Only wish Taurasi could have been there too.

Reaction Score
I was going to post that Shoni Schimmel's fans did her no favors by voting her in as a starter. But I take that back.

They not only did her a favor but did the WNBA itself and all the other All-Stars a favor by bringing in more viewers and fans.

Shoni and Skylar are probably the two most influential WNBA players today. They are also positive role models and need to keep that in mind all the time. I think that needs to be said.

Well, there's these two in Chicago and Phoenix? They got something going on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom