WNBA 2024 pre-season | Page 21 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not "auditioning" in the traditional sense, but proving she can stay healthy long enough to get her name on the roster come June 1. She can't afford to pick up an injury between now and then.
Not sure what you mean by June 1st. If it is final roster cuts that is May 13th and the season starts May 14th

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The post was to highlight someone from the WNBA being included in a high society event. It helps to bring a different set of eyes to the league in my opinion. Not sure what you're implying or why this post was made if you're concerned about getting into trouble.
BTW, I'm absolutely fine with all aspects of this and was not meaning to be snarky in my post. If Caitlin Clark, Jewel Loyd and Arike can appeal to folks who like Jake and State Farm, then Angel can stake out her audience. If it helps the league (hey, investors for the expansion!), all the better.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Not sure what you mean by June 1st. If it is final roster cuts that is May 13th and the season starts May 14th

Team USA announces its roster for the Paris Olympics on June 1.

Caitlin Clark's early play in WNBA will be her tryout for a roster spot on US Olympic women's team

The women’s roster for the Paris Games won’t be determined before June 1

Reaction Score
The post was to highlight someone from the WNBA being included in a high society event. It helps to bring a different set of eyes to the league in my opinion. Not sure what you're implying or why this post was made if you're concerned about getting into trouble.
It helps to bring a different set of eyes to the league in my opinion.

Not happening, not now not ever.

Reaction Score
Not "auditioning" in the traditional sense, but proving she can stay healthy long enough to get her name on the roster come June 1. She can't afford to pick up an injury between now and then.
Team USA needs to take "corrective" action.

GettyImages-1354473835-2.jpeg

Reaction Score
What's going on with the Queen? She's changing thrones again, from Indiana to Washington to Connecticut...
I was wondering the same thing. I remember Coach Sides made a few comments about an unhealthy locker room...and then a week or two later Queen Egbo was traded. I always thought there was a correlation and I feel like this may be more evidence that this was the case at Indiana. I wonder if the Mystics had the same issue.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I was wondering the same thing. I remember Coach Sides made a few comments about an unhealthy locker room...and then a week or two later Queen Egbo was traded. I always thought there was a correlation and I feel like this may be more evidence that this was the case at Indiana. It makes me wonder if they Mystics had the same issue.
I agree it is odd. I would think that she would just get waived rather than keep hopping around if she’s locker room cancer. Queen is solid but isn’t good enough to be a drama magnetic and stay in the league IMO.

Reaction Score
I agree it is odd. I would think that she would just get waived rather than keep hopping around if she’s locker room cancer. Queen is solid but isn’t good enough to be a drama magnetic and stay in the league IMO.
Queen is solid but isn’t good enough to be a drama [Queen] and stay in the league IMO.

Well stated.

Reaction Score
What's going on with the Queen? She's changing thrones again, from Indiana to Washington to Connecticut...
She was probably getting cut. They already had Austin and Hines-Allen, then added Edwards and Dolson

Reaction Score
She is a good enough player to warrant some time on the court, so teams probably try to use her as a leverage point and get something good in return vs. just waiving her.

Reaction Score
The Indiana Fever play the Connecticut Sun on these dates:

Tuesday, May 14
Monday, May 20
Monday, June 10

Also known as the Caitlin Clark Olympic roster tryout series.

Jennifer Rizzotti is the President of the Sun & chairs the USA Basketball Women's
National Team Committee (5-on-5), which will select the 2024 USA Women's National
Team.

The women’s roster for the Paris Games won’t be determined before June 1.

USA Basketball has until July 7, nearly two months into the 2024 WNBA season, to send a
final roster to the International Olympic Committee, though the team could be announced
before then. Team USA is scheduled to have another training camp in Phoenix as part of
WNBA All-Star Weekend from July 18-20. This year's All-Star Game will feature Team USA
versus Team WNBA.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

It's probably best that he maintains distance from the team after that cringe worthy moment during Clark's first press conference.
He needs to be dribbled like a basketball for being a creep.

Reaction Score
Per X, it looks like Caitlin Clark officially has 1 collegiate teammate now that has made a WNBA roster. Congrats to Kate Martin (and Dyaisha Fair) who both have apparently made the final roster!
I posted this Yesterday at 11:33 AM

The current news blackout on Chelsea Gray’s “injury” might be one reason that Kate

Martin is still in the Aces training camp. The Las Vegas Aces Management can use her

as a replacement player insurance policy that will allow Gray to play load managed min-

utes or to sit out the first half of the season. This will allow Gray to fully heal for the Oly-

mpics. IF Kate Martin can serve as a second rotation 3 & D SG with a +/- of 0 to 5, the

Aces can live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc