WNBA 2024 pre-season | Page 20 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Early Voepel power rating...he is correct with the top of the league - Aces, Liberty, Sun....but Phoenix 6th? Hum. .. ..

The Storm have jumped, but till the GOAT retires, chaos reigns in the valley of the sun.

Over/under games played by 42 year young DT.... 19

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Early Voepel power rating...he is correct with the top of the league - Aces, Liberty, Sun....but Phoenix 6th? Hum. .. ..

The Storm have jumped, but till the GOAT retires, chaos reigns in the valley of the sun.

I'll take the under.

Reaction Score
The people who need to know, know. Chelsea never released a definitive statement about her injury or her recovery because it's none of our business. Some athletes will let us know the extent of their injury and the prognosis (and I appreciate them for that). She didn't, and there's nothing that the organization could do about that since the injury recovery did not take place during the WNBA season. I'm good with that because it's her business, not ours.

The Aces don't play a real preseason game, so we probably won't see her next weekend. She has about a week to get ready for Phoenix.
A USA Sports story ( at the start of their training camp ) stated Gray has been sidelined for training camp. The also relayed that Hammond stated " We will be reevaluating her daily, but also in a couple of weeks" " She's a little dinged up right now, so will take it one step at a time. ". I guess we can take that for what its worth. Probably the reevaluation will be for the start of the season.

Reaction Score

Golden State will be the first of potentially multiple expansion teams joining the WNBA; commissioner Cathy Engelbert said last month the league hopes to bring in a 14th team for 2026 and expand to 16 teams by 2028.

As do we all. Odds? Less than 50/50..... unfortunately.

The article anticipates a expansion draft of players later this year. Wonder if the new Golden State franchise has their eye on Diana Tarausi

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Richard Cohen has put together a panel "of experts" to give a first-time rating of the Top 50 players in the WNBA.
This list goes from 50 to 26. I won't give any specific names, but let's say there's a bit of a surprise in the high 20's.

Reaction Score

Animated GIF

Reaction Score
A USA Sports story ( at the start of their training camp ) stated Gray has been sidelined for training camp. The also relayed that Hammond stated " We will be reevaluating her daily, but also in a couple of weeks" " She's a little dinged up right now, so will take it one step at a time. ". I guess we can take that for what its worth. Probably the reevaluation will be for the start of the season
My post in this thread, number #474, covers this topic.

Reaction Score

IF the dancing queen threepeats & wins another MVP, the GOAT conversation

will have to be revisited. She has stated that she wants to achieve a Bill Russell

level of achievement and dominance. IF the dancing queen can achieve 4 WNBA

titles, 3 MVP's, 7,500 or more points, & 3,700 rebounds, she will be the GOAT.

She already has two FIBA all star five selections [Olympics/World Cup] and a FIBA

World Cup MVP. I can see the dancing queen with four or five FIBA all star five sel-

ections and three or four FIBA Olympics/World Cup MVPs.

Reaction Score
A USA Sports story ( at the start of their training camp ) stated Gray has been sidelined for training camp. The also relayed that Hammond stated " We will be reevaluating her daily, but also in a couple of weeks" " She's a little dinged up right now, so will take it one step at a time. ". I guess we can take that for what it’s worth. Probably the reevaluation will be for the start of the season.
Thank you for this. I’ve been curious about Gray’s condition as well since I can’t recall seeing her in clips playing, just in the sidelines. Hope she heals up for the season and is good to go.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Dee is auditioning for the Olympics. I'll take the over.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Transactions Posted on the W site last night:

Las Vegas Aces

• Emma Cannon was awarded to the team (previously waived by the Dallas Wings)
  • Bria Hartley was waived
  • Kamaria McDaniel was waived
Los Angeles Sparks
  • Taylor Mikesell was waived

Reaction Score
Between draft night and this red carpet, there seems to be a theme emerging. I won't go any further, so I don't get in trouble.
The post was to highlight someone from the WNBA being included in a high society event. It helps to bring a different set of eyes to the league in my opinion. Not sure what you're implying or why this post was made if you're concerned about getting into trouble.

Reaction Score
I may not be the biggest Reese fan but you have to respect the hustle. She has carved out a lane for herself that we normally don't see in women's basketball. Hopefully Angel can open the door for more visibility opportunities for more WNBA players.
I'm of the same opinion. Her Vogue magazine shoot along with this helps to show a different side of female professional athletes. I think of the impact the Williams sisters had in fashion and the initial reaction from people who thought it was odd. Considering the stereotypes out there about WNBA players, I hope examples like this help to combat the "lack of femininity" talking point.

Reaction Score

Not sure what the Mystics r doing but hope it's good news for Cunane

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Does she really have to? Or if she decides she's on the team is she on the team?
Not "auditioning" in the traditional sense, but proving she can stay healthy long enough to get her name on the roster come June 1. She can't afford to pick up an injury between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom