WNBA 2024 pre-season | Page 17 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This year woulda been best but they really should hard knocks a wnba training camp. But with even more access. W fans r intense. Ppl compare the cuts to the hunger games. There should be votes who gets in and who stays but just for fun or media, it wouldn't have an actual impact. Maybe it would be cool for the new franchise.

Reaction Score
Well, Clark does not look like she has missed a beat. 16 points in the first half preseason game against the Wings. She had a pretty pass to Boston too. You can definitely tell they're still getting used to each other. There were a few moments where I thought Caitlin was looking to pass but the other person didn't know what Caitlin wanted them to do.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I am an Arike fan. But her playing +30 minutes and shooting 6-20 is really silly to me. It's a preseason game.
Preseason is a joke. Looks like teams are playing 2 games, then final roster cuts have to be made before regular season starts. It really isn't much of an audition period, most teams already know who they are going with.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clark led Indiana in shots (shocker), took 13 threes (shocker), was 6-15 from the field with 2 assists, 5 TO's, and 4 fouls in 28 mins.

Reaction Score
Hard to draw too many conclusions about the Fever in this one since they were missing two of their expected top five or six rotation players in Mitchell and Samuelson. As a result Clark seemed to play off ball a lot of the night. Wheeler actually looked pretty good to me but I think eventually we’ll see Clark get the keys to the offense more than she did tonight. Can’t really hold that missed final shot against her, they lost too much time getting the ball to her and it was well-defended.

Smith can do a lot of different things. She missed some shots she’ll make most nights. Boston didn’t have a good game at all although there aren’t many WNBA frontcourts that’ll be harder to deal with physically than Brown/McCowan/Howard. More concerning to me was that the Fever didn’t seem to look for her often which was an issue at times last year as well.

Indiana has some nice complimentary pieces, Hull has found her role and Berger looked comfortable if quiet. I think Saxton and Correa are pretty clearly Indiana’s two cuts.

For the Wings:

Dallas has a lot of potential, obviously even more so once they get Sabally back. Brown looks great physically, she’s much leaner and moves better. I’ve always thought Natasha Howard was one of the most underrated players in the league. She makes any team she’s on better.

Arike was pretty cold tonight (although 9-24 is not at all far off from her career averages) but has always had an insane clutch shotmaking ability. I still think Dallas’ success will hinge on her ability to either be more efficient or shoot less when she’s not hitting.

Brown — whoa! Wasn’t familiar with her game at Cal but she was super impressive. I think she has to make the team after that.

All in all, fun game and good intro to the season.

Reaction Score
Clark led Indiana in shots (shocker), took 13 threes (shocker), was 6-15 from the field with 2 assists, 5 TO's, and 4 fouls in 28 mins.
objectivity: the quality or character of being objective: lack of favoritism toward one side
or another : freedom from bias. Many people questioned the selection committee's objectivity.
It can be difficult for parents to maintain objectivity about their children's accomplishments.

In her WNBA debut, Taurasi scored 22 points in a 72–66 Mercury loss to the Sacramento
Monarchs.

Caitlin scores 21.

Brickawale - 157 games in the WNBA

Min fgm-a fg% 3pm-a 3p% ftm-a ft% +/- oreb dreb reb ast pf stl to bs pts
36:25 9-24 37.5 1-7 14.3 0-0 0.0 -2 0 3 3 3 4 1 2 0 19

Caitlin - Rookie, first start as a professional

28:10 6-15 40.0 5-13 38.5 4-5 80.0 6 0 3 3 2 4 2 5 0 21

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Laurence Fishburne Pop GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
Hard to draw too many conclusions about the Fever in this one since they were missing two of their expected top five or six rotation players in Mitchell and Samuelson. As a result Clark seemed to play off ball a lot of the night. Wheeler actually looked pretty good to me but I think eventually we’ll see Clark get the keys to the offense more than she did tonight. Can’t really hold that missed final shot against her, they lost too much time getting the ball to her and it was well-defended.

Smith can do a lot of different things. She missed some shots she’ll make most nights. Boston didn’t have a good game at all although there aren’t many WNBA frontcourts that’ll be harder to deal with physically than Brown/McCowan/Howard. More concerning to me was that the Fever didn’t seem to look for her often which was an issue at times last year as well.

Indiana has some nice complimentary pieces, Hull has found her role and Berger looked comfortable if quiet. I think Saxton and Correa are pretty clearly Indiana’s two cuts.

For the Wings:

Dallas has a lot of potential, obviously even more so once they get Sabally back. Brown looks great physically, she’s much leaner and moves better. I’ve always thought Natasha Howard was one of the most underrated players in the league. She makes any team she’s on better.

Arike was pretty cold tonight (although 9-24 is not at all far off from her career averages) but has always had an insane clutch shotmaking ability. I still think Dallas’ success will hinge on her ability to either be more efficient or shoot less when she’s not hitting.

Brown — whoa! Wasn’t familiar with her game at Cal but she was super impressive. I think she has to make the team after that.

Why Lexi Hull is in the league is mystifying.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thankfully, the Indiana Fever Management & Jennifer Rizzotti make roster
decisions based on their considered professional expertise instead of some
random poster on a wbb thread.

Sure, though I missed where pointing out what Clark did last night has anything to do with Indiana's decisions.

Also, I'm not some random poster.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
objectivity: the quality or character of being objective: lack of favoritism toward one side
or another : freedom from bias. Many people questioned the selection committee's objectivity.
It can be difficult for parents to maintain objectivity about their children's accomplishments.

In her WNBA debut, Taurasi scored 22 points in a 72–66 Mercury loss to the Sacramento
Monarchs.

Caitlin scores 21.

Brickawale - 157 games in the WNBA

36:25 9-24 37.5 1-7 14.3 0-0 0.0 -2 0 3 3 3 4 1 2 0 19

Caitlin - Rookie, first start as a professional

28:10 6-15 40.0 5-13 38.5 4-5 80.0 6 0 3 3 2 4 2 5 0 21

Next time I'll be, uh, more objective in pointing out Clark's line. Though just as you are free to report that she scored 21 points I am free to point out other things she did.

Are you some kind of Clark groupie? You seem to be taking my post awfully personal.

Reaction Score

For the Wings:

I thought Berger had a rough outing. She made a lot mistakes and looked a step slow. But getting back into game shape is all a part of the preseason!

Do the Fever need to make two or three cuts? If it's two, then I think Saxton has a chance of staying due to lack of depth at the 4/5 spots and Caldwell/Correa are cut. I've also heard that Coach Sides absolutely loves what Saxton brings behinds the scenes as a team player so she has that going for her as well. I agree though that she is looking like she is at the bottom of the pecking order.

Reaction Score
I am an Arike fan. But her playing +30 minutes and shooting 6-20 is really silly to me. It's a preseason game.
Just saw the stat line. Yeah that is wild, especially for a preseason game. That many minutes and that many shots. Jeez.

Reaction Score

Well this sucks. Immigration paperwork is never a straightforward process. :(

That does suck. You would think that in this day in age, there would a quicker process involved, especially in terms of professional players but given the timing of the college basketball season ending, the WNBA draft, and the training camp pace, it would have been tough to get the paperwork through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom