WNBA 2024 pre-season | Page 16 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Indiana Fever practice video.
KLS is in Blue shirt and either red or orange sneakers.
Wont making anything of the practice video but the players in the blue shirts have Boston, Clark, I think Wheeler, and one other player, plus KLS.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wont making anything of the practice video but the players in the blue shirts have Boston, Clark, I think Wheeler, and one other player, plus KLS.

Thx. Nice drive and layup by KLS and a long-range jumper by Clark (what else?), while Grace Berger with a mid-range pull-up jumper hits nothing but net (once again, what else?).

Reaction Score
I couldnt find anything on twitter.
She scored 8 points in todays game, moving her team into the semi finals.
Thx! I have her in my fantasy league and she showed up with the dreaded o next to her name this morning. If she's still playing in Europe than I'm wondering if she's not going to play for the Lynx this year.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Thx! I have her in my fantasy league and she showed up with the dreaded o next to her name this morning. If she's still playing in Europe than I'm wondering if she's not going to play for the Lynx this year.
I dont know all of the rules of the WNBA and that priortization rule. I thought if you have less than 3 years service you are not penalized for reporting late.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

It's nice to see Lou playing with the starters. She could be a MIP candidate.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
With Candace's retirement, the gap between Vegas and the rest of the league got a little smaller. I think they are still the team to beat.
Parker, at her best -- even 3/4 best -- was a difference-maker. However, she didn't play last year and the Aces -- barely -- still took the crown. Will Stokes and Gustafson support Wilson enough? Or, can they find another big during/just after the training camp period that can help give A'ja a rest? With a 40-game season and the Olympics, that's the key question...at least to me.

Reaction Score
Parker, at her best -- even 3/4 best -- was a difference-maker. However, she didn't play last year and the Aces -- barely -- still took the crown. Will Stokes and Gustafson support Wilson enough? Or, can they find another big during/just after the training camp period that can help give A'ja a rest? With a 40-game season and the Olympics, that's the key question...at least to me.
I'm not sure how you'd define "barely". Not sure that a team that goes 8-1 in the playoffs (which included several blowouts, notably one in Game 2 against the much-ballyhooed NY Liberty) would qualify as "barely" winning a title. They'll need to replace Candace with a big or two, but they have options.

Reaction Score
Plus, at this juncture, who is going to be able to fit her within their salary-cap structure. If one was to go back to Cohen's exhaustive break-down of each team's roster and salary-cap structure, there are very few teams that could even afford to bring her on (LA, Chicago if memory holds).

Still, money aside, I think the ship has sailed on this player and the WNBA.
She isn't wanted on her national team, why would any WNBA team take another chance on her?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how you'd define "barely". Not sure that a team that goes 8-1 in the playoffs (which included several blowouts, notably one in Game 2 against the much-ballyhooed NY Liberty) would qualify as "barely" winning a title. They'll need to replace Candace with a big or two, but they have options.
Mea culpa...I'm merely referring to the last game (the 70-69 win in which Chelsea Gray was injured and didn't play in, with sporadically-used Cayla George bombing away from four-pt. land. That was a "barely." )

Yes, they kicked butt in the rest of them, which is why I've also brought up that they don't really need that much -- possibly see if there's a good big available at the end of the training camp.

Reaction Score
Mea culpa...I'm merely referring to the last game (the 70-69 win in which Chelsea Gray was injured and didn't play in, with sporadically-used Cayla George bombing away from four-pt. land. That was a "barely." )

Yes, they kicked butt in the rest of them, which is why I've also brought up that they don't really need that much -- possibly see if there's a good big available at the end of the training camp.
Oh okay--makes sense! Yes, the margin for error with that game was razor thin.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Oh okay--makes sense! Yes, the margin for error with that game was razor thin.
My apologies for not proofing (as I normally try to do). Have phone calls and contractors coming and going today.:confused::eek:

Reaction Score
Lou with her leg/knee wrapped. Looks like she was held out of the second day of practice. Hope it is nothing serious/long term.
Question - what's the protocol on using the name "Lou" this season? With Katie Lou in Indy and Lou Lopez-Senechal in Dallas, I know I'm going to get confused reading posts :confused:

Reaction Score
Question - what's the protocol on using the name "Lou" this season? With Katie Lou in Indy and Lou Lopez-Senechal in Dallas, I know I'm going to get confused reading posts :confused:
I suppose just context .... I used "Lou" only because I was replying to a post that used "Lou". I think it was clear Katie Lou was the subject of both posts.

Reaction Score
I suppose just context .... I used "Lou" only because I was replying to a post that used "Lou". I think it was clear Katie Lou was the subject of both posts.
Heading into the season is what I'm trying to clarify. We sometimes catch onto threads midway and might not see previous posts.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Heading into the season is what I'm trying to clarify. We sometimes catch onto threads midway and might not see previous posts.
Whenever I write about Katie Lou Samuelson, that's first reference and then I usually go with KLS.
As for Ms. Senechal, I imagine it would be Lou...I've never seen LLS! Besides, they're on different teams and we'll only have them in the same post when they play each other!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom