Wish we had 2011 video of Joe Moorhead w PP & GDL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wish we had 2011 video of Joe Moorhead w PP & GDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConnDan97 said:
He would have done exactly what Nebrich is doing. Period.

How did he handle his first two games against FCS teams?

Reaction Score
How did he handle his first two games against FCS teams?
Towson and Stony Brook. Would he have played well, I have no doubt, dominate? I doubt it. That is my opinion, and everyone is sharing theirs. There is on way of knowing. I do know that in two games against FBS foes Nebrich played well, two games against FCS opponents Whitmer played not so well. Small sample size for sure, but it is the only thing we have that is close to definitive, everything else is pure conjecture. Stony Brook wasn't even a good FCS team.

Reaction Score
Paxton Lynch got way better. That is what happened over a 5 year College period. Kids develop!!!!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
In Nebrich's last game against New Hampshire, he was 12-30 for 161 yards with an interception and a measly 89 passer rating.

But let's act like Whitmer sucks and Nebrich would have been the next coming of Orlovsky. Yes, Whitmer would have certainly been successful at the 1-AA level, since he has already demonstrated that he is an average QB at the 1-A level. Anyone arguing against it is just being foolish and carrying on this constant crusade against the kid. But after it's all said and done; after all of the goofing around by multiple OC's and after all of the yanking in and out of games, that kid finished as the fourth highest passer in UConn history. At least the BY can't take that away from him, no matter how hard they try...

Reaction Score
But let's act like Whitmer sucks and Nebrich would have been the next coming of Orlovsky. Yes, Whitmer would have certainly been successful at the 1-AA level, since he has already demonstrated that he is an average QB at the 1-A level. Anyone arguing against it is just being foolish and carrying on this constant crusade against the kid. .

Now you're just making up . . . Believing that Nebrich would have been better than Whitmer is both reasonable and supported by evidence, and doesn't mean that anyone says Whitmer sucks or that Nebrich would have been Orlovsky 2.0.

But, if you're going to pick one game from Nebrich and ignore the rest, how about comparing him against similar competition:

Nebrich vs. Army -- 27/38 for 352, 3 TD, 1 INT with an obvious limp and a hulking knee brace on.
Whitmer vs. Army -- 19/31, 170, 2 TD, 2 INT.

I like Whitmer. He's a below average Division 1 quarterback.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Now you're just making up . . . Believing that Nebrich would have been better than Whitmer is both reasonable and supported by evidence, and doesn't mean that anyone says Whitmer sucks or that Nebrich would have been Orlovsky 2.0.

But, if you're going to pick one game from Nebrich and ignore the rest, how about comparing him against similar competition:

Nebrich vs. Army -- 27/38 for 352, 3 TD, 1 INT with an obvious limp and a hulking knee brace on.
Whitmer vs. Army -- 19/31, 170, 2 TD, 2 INT.

I like Whitmer. He's a below average Division 1 quarterback.

I picked 1 game because everyone else was pointing to the Stony Brook game. If you want to look at the Army game, fine. Let's talk about the Army game. Let's talk about what the problem really was in the Army game. We had a gameplan that was crap. It was absolute crap. We decided not to run against a team that we outweighed by about 30 pounds each. Chandler Whitmer was our leading rusher that game, with 14 more yards on the ground than our next closest running back. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!? He was our leading friggin' rusher in the Army game with 64 yards!!! I want you to swallow that for a second.

After you're done swallowing that, I want you to also swallow the fact that he got 1 TD with his feet that game, as well as 2 TDs in the air. He was our entire offense that game, and almost single-handedly engineered an impossible comeback, even with having to sit a series due to the Bob Diaco formula of "icing the starter". Talk about making up; I love how you qualify Nebrich's performance without qualifying Whitmer's. The kid ran over 3 defenders at the 5 yard line because that was the type of player he was. You can feel free to make whatever up that you choose. The kid was our 4th greatest QB of all time. Let that sink in for a second. With all the crap he put up with and all the OC changes and all the Head Coaching changes and all the QB changes, even in-game QB changes, he still ended up in 4th all time. Now go back and believe whatever the hell fantasy that you want...

Reaction Score
We had a gameplan that was crap. It was absolute crap. We decided not to run against a team that we outweighed by about 30 pounds each. Chandler Whitmer was our leading rusher that game, with 14 more yards on the ground than our next closest running back. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!? He was our leading friggin' rusher in the Army game with 64 yards!!! I want you to swallow that for a second.

After you're done swallowing that, I want you to also swallow the fact that he got 1 TD with his feet that game, as well as 2 TDs in the air. He was our entire offense that game, and almost single-handedly engineered an impossible comeback, even with having to sit a series due to the Bob Diaco formula of "icing the starter". Talk about making up; I love how you qualify Nebrich's performance without qualifying Whitmer's. The kid ran over 3 defenders at the 5 yard line because that was the type of player he was. You can feel free to make whatever up that you choose. The kid was our 4th greatest QB of all time. Let that sink in for a second. With all the crap he put up with and all the OC changes and all the Head Coaching changes and all the QB changes, even in-game QB changes, he still ended up in 4th all time. Now go back and believe whatever the hell fantasy that you want...

Calm %*&( down. Seriously.

I never questioned his toughness or even claimed that he had a poor game vs. Army. I've said here many times that the game plan vs. Army was the reason we lost the game. Whitmer had one of his better games of the year vs. Army. I simply made the point that it wasn't as good as the guy I was comparing him to. The point is correct.

Reaction Score
Whitmer's problem was his accuracy. It just wasn't good, the shorter the field closer/closer to endzone we got the more it bore it's ugly head. Think of the Int against Western Michigan, near the goal line, Temple in the Red Zone, Army in the End Zone, and the last pass he threw, to G Davis trying to lead him against SMU.

That doesn't mean, I don't think he wasn't a warrior, gave his all and was tough as sheet. He was all of that. In terms of ability, I don't think he was an average QB. I think Endres was but his off field antics led to his demise. The fact that Whitmer leaves as you say, as the fourth greatest QB in our history, just speaks to how bad we have been at recruiting the position.

Look everyone here talks about how much better Edsall was than PP at identifying talent, let me remind you Edsall recruited Nebrich, P came in brought in Whitmer and declared him the starter, after basically wasting the chance to redshirt Nebrich his first year. Was it a fair and open competition? No one knows. I watched Nebrich last year absolutely shred Temple, making all kinds of highlight reel throws, that quite frankly, I don't think Whimer was capable of.

I'm thankful for everything Whitmer did here. Kept his nose clean, took a beating, always got up and never complained. Warrior.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Calm %*&( down. Seriously.

I never questioned his toughness or even claimed that he had a poor game vs. Army. I've said here many times that the game plan vs. Army was the reason we lost the game. Whitmer had one of his better games of the year vs. Army. I simply made the point that it wasn't as good as the guy I was comparing him to. The point is correct.

Why don't you calm #$k down. Seriously. You brought up the Army game as an example that Whitmer wasn't as good, and you even went so far as to qualify Nebrich's overall health during the game. But the point is not correct. Our team was comprised of 1 player that night. 1 Player. And by your admission, you know who it is. It's hard to believe that you have admitted to it in writing and then you still believe your "point is correct". Welcome to the Boneyard...

Reaction Score
UConnDan97 said:
Why don't you calm #$k down. Seriously. You brought up the Army game as an example that Whitmer wasn't as good, and you even went so far as to qualify Nebrich's overall health during the game. But the point is not correct. Our team was comprised of 1 player that night. 1 Player. And by your admission, you know who it is. It's hard to believe that you have admitted to it in writing and then you still believe your "point is correct". Welcome to the Boneyard...

If one of us is proving that you can't have a reasonable conversation on the Boneyard, it isn't me . . .

Reaction Score
Edsall left a horrible recruiting class and took off. P & Co. made it worse.

We have to just get over it.
Edsall left a team with a dozen future NFL players on it.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
Edsall left a team with a dozen future NFL players on it.

Yes. But P screwed it up. And they are gone. And the D was good. The problems have been on offense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The reason CC did well behind the same line that CW failed is that Casey stood in and took the shot but got the ball out to the right guy.

Yup, and had a career that lasted all of 4 games.

Reaction Score
I don't at all. He couldn't dominate at the Juco level or in the AAC which many think is a cake walk. And he couldn't hack it at Illinois of all places.

Before we totally write-off Nebrich's ability to perform at 1A, we should probably wait to see if and where he's drafted (so say the New York papers). According to Morehead, there is significant interest. It'll play out, one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom