Will Dangerfield be the final straw in the recruiting cycle? | The Boneyard

Will Dangerfield be the final straw in the recruiting cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Over the years we have gone head-to-head with Tennessee on numerous occasions for top recruits That said there appear to be some that have been more painful for our Vol friends to swallow than others. Historically the first was Shea Ralph. She was a very southern player, this North Carolina product with clear ties and connections to Tennessee. Yet she stunningly chose the Huskies. Then of course there was Maya a southern girl from Georgia who became the focal point of a massive recruiting battle. Again we won, and the fallout 6+years later is still massive. But she was from Georgia.

But Dangerfield is a local girl attending high school in the orange status. A top-five recruit she clearly is the envy of VolNation and the focus of their 2016 recruiting. What would be possibly worse for those poor souls then to lose her to their arch enemy? Nothing and Geno knows that. Is Gino as vindictive as me? Possibly Does he have a long memory? Definitely ...,,be interesting

Z

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Certain denizens of Purinaville must already have their tails just about self-chewed off. If we get Dangerfield, there would prolly be a wave of self-immolation. That would be a shame.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
May end up like A'ja the pressure to stay close to home will be enough to keep her in Tenn. Wouldn't it be great if not UConn, she goes to Vandy. :). Louisville or Kentucky could end up in the mix as well, as they would be reasonably close to home. 3 1/2 Hours to both schools.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Over the years we have gone head-to-head with Tennessee on numerous occasions for top recruits That said there appear to be some that have been more painful for our Vol friends to swallow than others. Historically the first was Shea Ralph. She was a very southern player, this North Carolina product with clear ties and connections to Tennessee. Yet she stunningly chose the Huskies. Then of course there was Maya a southern girl from Georgia who became the focal point of a massive recruiting battle. Again we won, and the fallout 6+years later is still massive. But she was from Georgia.

But Dangerfield is a local girl attending high school in the orange status. A top-five recruit she clearly is the envy of VolNation and the focus of their 2016 recruiting. What would be possibly worse for those poor souls then to lose her to their arch enemy? Nothing and Geno knows that
. Is Gino as vindictive as me? Possibly Does he have a long memory? Definitely ...,,be interesting

Z

It's GENO and no, he looks at who the player is and how well she will fit into his system. I seriously doubt that he goes after a player just because it will tick off other coaches. UConn goes after a very specific kind of player, no matter where she comes from and no matter who else is looking at her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno won't take Crystal to spite the Orange, but if she reminds him of Moriah, he'll really want her.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Recruits come to UConn to play for Geno because they want to be developed, want NC and everything Geno brings to the table. There is another thing. They want to know WIIFM. Thats not a radio station that stands for Whats In It For Me. I believe this, that UConn is the favorite to win the next 5 NCs and team wise no other team can beat them. You can talk about great rosters, and top freshman classes and go to players and there are many teams that have them but none has been able to match UConn in the FF. Yes once in a while UConn loses. But this UConn team is a disciplined machine that is on the same page and Geno has made them that way. Geno created a team environment at UConn. While some coaches promise recruits anything to land them Geno doesnt. While other coaches are trying to make the FF. At UConn the kids understand its about winning NCs and making the FF is a stepping stone. So if any recruit who has the chance to play for Geno declines IMO I dont think they understand they are declining what he brings to the table. Its much more then being a Husky. It more about what doors are opened for you. So if there is pressure to stay home for a recruit, or playtime, or starting right away and she chooses to do that fine. But with that pressure to stay home is the pressure of bringing your team to the FF and if that doesnt happen what pressure will you face? Most teams dont make the FF. Most teams dont consistently win Conference Championships but UConn does. The difference isnt the best players although it helps the difference is in the way they think.

Reaction Score
Well she watched the final four and stated she was not a fan of UCONN but was a fan of Jefferson. I think if cooper chooses TN she might want to head elsewhere although I truly hope she becomes a lady vol.

HGN

Reaction Score
A lot depends upon where Asia Durr decides to go......So this conversation could be a moot point. If Durr decides on Tennessee , Dangerfield may look elsewhere. Or , if Durr chooses wisely , Dangerfield may indeed choose The Vols.

So , since Asia Durr is up first , I think it all depends upon her decision.

JMHO.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well she watched the final four and stated she was not a fan of UCONN but was a fan of Jefferson.

I think this needs some context because that's a bit misleading. Here is the quote:

“I’m not going to say I was rooting for UConn but I was rooting for Moriah,” Dangerfield said after finishing up work Thursday night at USA Basketball’s U-17 national team trials at the United States Olympic Training Center.

I don't know whether she's a "fan" of UConn's or not though it doesn't really matter in the recruiting process. Players aren't going to come out and say they are rooting for a particular school on their list when they haven't picked one yet.

On another topic, what the heck is going on over on the Summitt? There are five consecutive locked topics and four of them involve UConn. One of them is about going to "get" UConn and "taking back what's ours", which I read in my best Braveheart voice.

Reaction Score
A lot depends upon where Asia Durr decides to go.So this conversation could be a moot point. If Durr decides on Tennessee , Dangerfield may look elsewhere. Or , if Durr chooses wisely , Dangerfield may indeed choose The Vols.

So , since Asia Durr is up first , I think it all depends upon her decision.

JMHO.

Exactly what I was thinking! Dangerfield has Tenn high on her radar especially after her teammate MeMe Jackson commited to the Vols, but with Cooper a silent commit and Tenn on Durr's radar...Dangerfield may leave the state to play ball....IMO

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Certain denizens of Purinaville must already have their tails just about self-chewed off. If we get Dangerfield, there would prolly be a wave of self-immolation. That would be a shame.

And here I thought you were talking about Georgia (Bulldogs).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
On another topic, what the heck is going on over on the Summitt? There are five consecutive locked topics and four of them involve UConn. One of them is about going to "get" UConn and "taking back what's ours", which I read in my best Braveheart voice.

Sounds like business as usual at The Summitt to me. What is going on today? People acting like there's the drama between UCONN/TN is a new thing!

Reaction Score
.... If we get Dangerfield, there would prolly be a wave of self-immolation.

If they were all wearing orange robes, the scene would be oddly reminiscent of the immolations during the Vietnam era.

I'm not sure Checkerboard robes are available in orange, though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes Dangerfield is a big MoJeff fan,,.... and I understand she is lightning quick like Mo.... I hope she comes north.....

Yeah the Summitt, i don't know about those guys..... I have always liked my interaction with the TN folks, both at the games and online.... and then you peek in at the Summitt, and see that we are cheaters, have won more titles but the wrong way.....they just do not stop.... what I like about our site is we welcome dissenting opinions..... as long as we are all respectful..... not true at all down south of the Mason Dixon!

Go Huskies!! Is it October yet?!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Yes Dangerfield is a big MoJeff fan,,.... and I understand she is lightning quick like Mo.... I hope she comes north.....

Yeah the Summitt, i don't know about those guys..... I have always liked my interaction with the TN folks, both at the games and online.... and then you peek in at the Summitt, and see that we are cheaters, have won more titles but the wrong way.....they just do not stop.... what I like about our site is we welcome dissenting opinions..... as long as we are all respectful..... not true at all down south of the Mason Dixon!

Go Huskies!! Is it October yet?!

I generally agree with you. I've had good conversations with Vol fans both in person and online as well. And when I posted on the Summitt, it was usually okay - but I was very careful to be respectful and factual in my postings. But sheesh, there certainly are some hotheads and sourpusses over there.

Any of our Vols visitors have any insight into the locked threads?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Geno does like his wine but his name rhymes with "we know" more than it does "wino". Just say'n...:)

Swing and a miss - DUH!!!

ain't a newbie dude, but you missed the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member