will cupboard be bare for next year? | The Boneyard

will cupboard be bare for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wondering, but who will be back next year. I realize Napier, Giffey, Olander, Crumah, graduate, assuming, now that with the NC ring, Boatwright, and Daniels may leave, and Calhoun may transfer. If so, that don't leave much to work with. Are there any remaining members of the 14 class who have not declared? Just wondering.
Thanks.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
*Kromah
*Boatright

Daniels/Boat should come back. Calhoun said he wasn't transferring. We have Nolan, Brimah, Terrence, and a slew of other talented guys that are coming back/in.

Regardless, welcome to the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Not even close, you can make the case that next year's team will have MORE TALENT than this year.

We lose Bazz, Giffey, Kromah, and Tyler as of now, maybe DD (but I doubt it)
We add Cassell Jr, Purvis, Hamilton, Lubin

Now, couple of notes, a freshman PG wouldn't be able to pick up where Shabazz left off, which is understood. BUT PURVIS and CASSELL JR aren't freshman PG's. One was a stud as a freshman in the ACC last year, the other is a NBA Player's son along with some age from being a JUCO

With Boat and TSam, we GO 4 deep at the small G position, which means, next year, expect a LOT of press, A LOT.

Nolan might never develop, or he might be like Hilton, but both he and AB will be better next year both offensively and defensively which will be huge because we won this year despite no paint play. Facey has shown flashes and will be a good 4. But the real excitement to me comes from LUBIN and HAMILTON. LUBIN is a beastly body in the paint who with Facey will create a great presence for a couple of years out of the 4 spot. LUBIN could be our next Jeff Adrien.

HAMILTON could be a SUPERSTAR as a freshman. He's a big, slashing, shooting wing/guard, which in UCONN is something we have always had (Ray, Rip, Caron, Denham, Lamb)

If the boys in the paint become solid, not great, but solid, and Hamilton hits his potential, we will be in great shape for another serious run next year.

BOAT-PURVIS-HAMILTON-DANIELS-BRIMAH would be the starting 5 with
TSAM-CASSELL JR - CALHOUN - LUBIN - NOLAN along with FACEY

Future is bright

Reaction Score
Just wondering, but who will be back next year. I realize Napier, Giffey, Olander, Crumah, graduate, assuming, now that with the NC ring, Boatwright, and Daniels may leave, and Calhoun may transfer. If so, that don't leave much to work with. Are there any remaining members of the 14 class who have not declared? Just wondering.
Thanks.

We just won a national title and this is what you want to discuss? Take your debbie-downer ball and go home.

Reaction Score
Thanks.
In short, yes. Completely bare.

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Reaction Score
Now we start our decline to obscurity! Maybe olander has a third brother we can give a look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom