Will Chris Dailey also get a Statue? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Chris Dailey also get a Statue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All I can say is if Geno gets a statue then Chris had better get one too!!

Reaction Score
There will be a statue of both Geno and CD, probably in the Champions Center....

Champions Center was build for both programs (men's and women's)... I wonder if they would go for a statue (or the two we are talking about Geno and CD) that only represented one side

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Perhaps, but CD is not an Assistant Coach. She is an Associate Coach.

Semantics.

assistant....assistant...associate...no, you're wrong.

Chris Daily is not an assistant coach, although many have spoken of her as such.
She is Associate Head Coach

Associate HEAD coach LINK

- and on more occasions than I can count, Geno has said that the success of the program is as much her as it is him. Her contributions cannot be denied, and neither will some commemorative of her work should the time come.

Why we are thinking about the time when they are gone is beyond me. IMO we should be embracing that we are witness to the glory of these wonderful years of UConn Women's Basketball

Reaction Score
I think we are thinking about the time when they are gone because we are afraid we will never see anything like this again.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I think we are thinking about the time when they are gone because we are afraid we will never see anything like this again.

understood, and we may not. Why think about it now? I say, enjoy what you have. Some folks only think about the "what ifs" and forget all about the now. You miss out on too much of you focus on the what ifs....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dailey has obviously played a large role in UConn's success, but an associate head coach is still an assistant coach - fancier title, but the paycheck tells the story.

I'm not sure UConn is really a statue kinda place, but if it was, I can't see an assistant coach ever getting one.

I'm sure they'll do something appropriate, though. (Husky of Honor would seem like a lead-pipe cinch.)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
CD has done great things but I don't think she gets a statue. Geno is the one who gets it, if anyone gets one at all. Frankly I think they should name the practice courts in the new facility after Calhoun and Auriemma. I could see them putting Dailey on the Husky wall of honor but that's about it...

Reaction Score
Interesting...... never thought of the statue thing..... but when it happens.... and if there is indeed one erected...... then I think it would be nice if they are together in one...... because their careers are coincident and they complement each other so nicely....

If it doesn't happen that is OK.... I think Chris Dailey is not under appreciated....... they are a hell of a tandem together.....

Reaction Score
CD has done great things but I don't think she gets a statue. Geno is the one who gets it, if anyone gets one at all. Frankly I think they should name the practice courts in the new facility after Calhoun and Auriemma. I could see them putting Dailey on the Husky wall of honor but that's about it...
Eric no attack here as I agree, CD gets no statue. Wall of honor for sure.
As for naming the practice courts, this would be an insult / backhanded compliment to both. They have accomplished way too much for this level of honor compared to some courts they play on. We actually have one of the most convoluted problems in all of D1 sports when it comes to this.
State school always needing money, we could end up with the Bob's Furniture or PC Richards court.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/s...s-dedicate-courts-squabbles-often-follow.html
I wish we were having the same debate about football....

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Or this in bronze.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
espnw_a_husk_cr_600x400.jpg

or perhaps this:
413x500

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
They've been together for thirty years, they've seen the best and worst. The only thing they're not is married to each other, but at times it seems like a marriage.
I have always looked at them as being "married" Geno is the Dad, Chris is the Mom, Shea and Marissa are the Aunts....and the girls.... are the girls....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom