Wichita State vs. Kentucky officiating | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wichita State vs. Kentucky officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The elbow to the neck/face was horrible. It’s either a Flagrant 1 or it is not. Instead, it’s a Flagrant 1 if the foul is not committed by a handful of ‘special’ programs, then it is a ‘run of the play’ event and no foul. Overall, while fouls were in Kentucky’s favor 21 to 15. In addition, looking at the play-by-play (http://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-men/d1/2014/03/23/kentucky-wichita-st), in the last 5 minutes, Kentucky made 2 baskets (1x 2 point, 1x 3 point) for a total of 5 of the team’s last 15 points and they were behind! Harrison went 7 of 8 Randle went 3 of 4 from the charity stripe. Wichita St had 10 points in the last 5 minutes, 8 of which game from a pair of 3 Point shots and a 2 point lay-up while they only had 1 FT (made both). It was a physical game and I am not saying that if the game was called fair if the Shockers would have won; but…

Anyone know what the ref will do with blue-blood Kentucky versus already in the ACC according to the media Louisville? Not sure if the refs even know how to use their whistle on either team.

Of course, if one really wants to see a blatant attempt by someone to keep an underdog from winning check out the UT-Martin against UNC at Chapel Hill game. The referees forced UT Martin to burn both of their last timeouts to set-up for the final play with the ball and 18 seconds left on the clock when a UNC emergency public announcement basically downed their first time out. And, by the way, the public safety issue had been going on for over an hour.

Reaction Score
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I feel as though Duke was not getting every single call they normally get against Mercer, there were a few times i was thinking "great, the refs are going to bring this back forcing a duke win", and it didn't happen. I was even chatting with friends about it, all thinking the same thing.
Duke and Coach K don't seem to have the luster they used to, and even if the refs were favoring Duke there's not much they can do to help when all Duke was doing is jacking up three's and missing.

Reaction Score
Biggest one with Mason was that Marcus Williams was called for palming with a minute left.
An absolutely awful call. I remember it. Now if Marcus had on a Kentucky jersey, hey who knows?

Reaction Score
Wichita had a lot of missed opportunities to win this game, they were in it till the end. I was more upset that the committee made kentucky an 8th seed. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
Mike Stuart was one of the refs for this game. I thought I saw him and looked at the box score afterwards and he was listed as one of the refs. This man should not ever referee a game let alone a tournament game. Also I wonder about his favoritism towards Kentucky schools.

I used to think Tim Higgins was bad, but in fairness to him he was probably just drunk most of the time like a lot of us BY'ers. Mike Stuart is 100% corrupt and there isn't a doubt in my mind. It is his goal to control the outcome of games and you better believe he's connected to the guys that shell out cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom