Why we need to Oklahoma and Notre Dame to win out. | The Boneyard

Why we need to Oklahoma and Notre Dame to win out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If so, here is what I think happens: Oklahoma gets lefts out of the CFP (at the expense of ND) at 11-1. They leave for the SEC, taking Oklahoma State with them, due to politics in Oklahoma. Texas goes independent (to keep LHN) and does ND-like deal (that includes playing ND every year) with ACC. The Big XII is falling apart so Kansas calls the B1G, and then the B1G also invites UConn to get to 16. The Pac-12 does nothing as no school adds anything that they want. In the end, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor, and TCU are screwed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
rabbits-play-dead.jpg

Reaction Score
Please stop creating threads here. You're not saying anything new.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
WTF are you smoking?

Do you know anything about the CFP or OU? OU wins out and they're in, period. OU leaves the B12, they are going where the fanbase is and not to play with a bunch of southern schools with which they have nothing in common - that is, the they're headed west, young man, to the PAC12.

Last, and to be clear, under your doomsday scenario, Big Jim D says, hey, this is the chance I've been waiting for my whole life - I get to pry UK and UConn away from homes they'd never otherwise leave. I know big bevo is out there, but when you have a chance to add Kansas and CT, you just gotta do it.

Either put the pipe down or have mom make you some more meatloaf. Can't wait for post #32

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
WTF are you smoking?

Do you know anything about the CFP or OU? OU wins out and they're in, period. OU leaves the B12, they are going where the fanbase is and not to play with a bunch of southern schools with which they have nothing in common - that is, the they're headed west, young man, to the PAC12.

Last, and to be clear, under your doomsday scenario, Big Jim D says, hey, this is the chance I've been waiting for my whole life - I get to pry UK and UConn away from homes they'd never otherwise leave. I know big bevo is out there, but when you have a chance to add Kansas and CT, you just gotta do it.

Either put the pipe down or have mom make you some more meatloaf. Can't wait for post #32
A) I don't like meatloaf.
B) OU lost to Texas, and ND smashed Texas. That will be well noted. Also, ND is a bigger brand than OU. That is why OSU got in over Baylor/TCU last year.
C) PAC-12 already DENIED Oklahoma, when Texas backed out 5 years. They said, "no Texas, no Oklahoma." Also, conservative Oklahoma is much closer culturally to the conservative south than the liberal west.
D) The reason UConn is not in a P5 is because they would have to be part 0f a 2-team add (there are currently NO other flagships among the G5 schools that could pair with UConn). With the divisional setup, no conference can have an odd number of football teams. Also, UConn brings a HUGE bargaining chip to the table: Madison Square Garden.
E) The reason Kansas hasn't been picked off yet is because they are under the Big XII grant of rights. When Texas and Oklahoma (who wrote the GOR) leave, the grant of rights will be greatly diminished.

Reaction Score
I actually want UNC to beat Clemson in the ACC CG and then lose the playoff spot to ND. Or have UNC win the playoff spot instead of ND. Any ACC team/ND controversy is good for change. Hate to say it but ND and UConn to ACC is preferred to me then this B1G dream.

Reaction Score
Big 12 starts eating their own this weekend. Whether OU survives is anybody's guess but if they do the one loss-comparison for each team just doesn't bode well for the Sooners. ND was nipped by possible #1 Clemson and dee-stroyed Texas. Okie loses to the lowly Horns. Seems like case closed but who knows what motivates this committee. I suppose anything that pisses off B12 members could possibly be good for us, or maybe not.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Big 12 starts eating their own this weekend. Whether OU survives is anybody's guess but if they do the one loss-comparison for each team just doesn't bode well for the Sooners. ND was nipped by possible #1 Clemson and dee-stroyed Texas. Okie loses to the lowly Horns. Seems like case closed but who knows what motivates this committee. I suppose anything that pisses off B12 members could possibly be good for us, or maybe not.
Mike and Mike were making a big deal out of this, as it favors ND. How about who have you beaten being a better measurement than comparing the one loss? The games were played under very different circumstances.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
WTF are you smoking?

Huh? OU has nothing in common with Missouri, Arkansas, Texas A&M (all three bordering OK), LSU, Tennessee and Ole Miss, all of which are a reasonable drive, but has something in common with Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Cal, UCLA? OU has no fanbase in the Pac. None. They would in the SEC or to a lesser extent the B1G if Kansas goes with them (and where their biggest rival Nebraska resides), but the Pac makes no sense.

Reaction Score
OU has something in common with former Big8 members, yes. IMO, you're confusing travel to road games versus location of fanbase/alums. You're confusing proximity to schools with proximity to recruits. Oklahomans do not after they pull up stakes go to Louisiana, Missouri or TN. They desperately want to stay aligned with Bevo for several obvious reasons, but the P12 is a better spot for them than is the SEC.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
OU has something in common with former Big8 members, yes. IMO, you're confusing travel to road games versus location of fanbase/alums. You're confusing proximity to schools with proximity to recruits. Oklahomans do not after they pull up stakes go to Louisiana, Missouri or TN. They desperately want to stay aligned with Bevo for several obvious reasons, but the P12 is a better spot for them than is the SEC.

No confusion. Alums and fans for OU are not on the west coast. Texas would be an overwhelming winner, and outside of Oklahoma KC and St. Louis would rank highly. There are three alumni clubs in Louisiana as well.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
B) OU lost to Texas, and ND smashed Texas. That will be well noted. Also, ND is a bigger brand than OU. That is why OSU got in over Baylor/TCU last year.

OSU got in last year because a 3rd string QB went into Indianapolis for the BIG CG against a favored Wisconsin team and just absolutely kicked the living crap out of them 59-0.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
A) I don't like meatloaf.
C) PAC-12 already DENIED Oklahoma, when Texas backed out 5 years. They said, "no Texas, no Oklahoma." Also, conservative Oklahoma is much closer culturally to the conservative south than the liberal west.
D) The reason UConn is not in a P5 is because they would have to be part 0f a 2-team add (there are currently NO other flagships among the G5 schools that could pair with UConn). With the divisional setup, no conference can have an odd number of football teams. Also, UConn brings a HUGE bargaining chip to the table: Madison Square Garden.
E) The reason Kansas hasn't been picked off yet is because they are under the Big XII grant of rights. When Texas and Oklahoma (who wrote the GOR) leave, the grant of rights will be greatly diminished.

Of all the outrageous claims in your post, not liking meatloaf is the most egregious. Meatloaf (and it's close cousin Salsbury Steak) kick !

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
OSU got in last year because a 3rd string QB went into Indianapolis for the BIG CG against a favored Wisconsin team and just absolutely kicked the living crap out of them 59-0.

They also, to the eye test, were one of the teams playing the best late. Right now so is Oklahoma. If Michigan State wins out, they will be too.

Reaction Score
Hey ND, want to go to a BCS playoff? Then join a freakin conference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom