Why so many isolations on final plays? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why so many isolations on final plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know that Brey can be blamed here because you have an experienced guard who was forced into the corner with two defenders and wide open team mates on the perimeter, so it goes on Grant. 6 seconds is a lot of time especially for a great passing team like ND. Grant is not Kemba who would have gotten a shot off, so apples and oranges on that. My biggest problem was not trying something so that Karl Anthony Towns wasn't able to make a million 2 foot shots. There was no help in the post. Even a player hedging back could have stripped the ball a couple times so that does go on Brey. If I have the #1 I take Towns in a second.

Reaction Score
Players win games. I had no problem giving the ball to walker or bazz late and letting them decide. You won't win every time but I'll take more often than not.
True, but I didn't see a Kemba or Shabazz out there this year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Seriously, do coaches even draw up plays any more? Grant blew a huge upset with insanely selfish play in the last 2 minutes, and Brey didn't seem to care. Taking a crazy pull-up 3 at the end of the game or as the shot clock is running down is not gutsy. It is hoping for a miracle, and also disrespectful to your teammates. Grant wasn't even thinking about passing on any of those last 3 possessions.

If I was a Notre Dame player, I would want to punch Grant in the face right now.
agreed, unless you have kemba or bazz

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
unless you have the best player in the country who has proven he can make the shot, you stick with what got you there... it looked too sloppy the last 35 seconds... also i wouldve thought of fouling wcs when he got the ball or let them jack a three instead of a drive

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Either you didn't watch the video or don't understand what you are looking at. About 1/3 of the shots in that video were actually off assists. Most of the rest were off picks. Ray against GTown was a 1-0n-1. Ray is going to the NBA Hall of Fame. The two KEA buzzer beaters were questionable shot selection. In other words, your video made my point. Thank you.
lmao

Reaction Score
Then it was a poor play call by the coach. Kemba was supposed to get the pick from Oriakhi? But changed it to Smith? Bc of who was defending each. He knew he could get a good shot against one defender and not as good a shot against the other.

OK, I can see that. But to say it was a pure isolation just isn't accurate.

And, if you want to say the final possession was Grant playing hero ball...fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom