why no interest in 2015 QB Easton Bruere? | The Boneyard

why no interest in 2015 QB Easton Bruere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised with numbers like that, that not even an FCS offered him. I hope we jump on this kid.

Reaction Score
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE offer both. Warm bodies who would actually commit without much arm-twisting (so says the article anyways).

Unless there was a promise to TD not to make more offers (plausible) then no reason not to.

Reaction Score
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE offer both. Warm bodies who would actually commit without much arm-twisting (so says the article anyways).

Unless there was a promise to TD not to make more offers (plausible) then no reason not to.

haha...i just realized his initials were TD. I like that.

Reaction Score

I agree. We should offer both. They each guys seem to have big arms and I really like the way Rizzo moves.

Reaction Score
I'm going to guess that maybe QB #1 plays with some nice athletes who can make plays after the catch and that has taken a little of the spotlight from Easton. He does have a strong arm maybe a little like Frazier but the short stuff seems to go for 20-30 yards.

I do think behind door #2 Rizzo is very interesting because of his vision and his legs. Got a feeling some coaches may not like the way he slings the ball but he gets it where it needs to be with some good awareness.

Reaction Score
Both look like nice players but we are scheduled to have Kavika Johnson, who ironically is from New Mexico, on campus this weekend. Hope we land him. The kid from Florida ... we have a couple players from that team here already.

Reaction Score
Both look like nice players but we are scheduled to have Kavika Johnson, who ironically is from New Mexico, on campus this weekend. Hope we land him. The kid from Florida ... we have a couple players from that team here already.

Ryan Crozier was his RG.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The player from New Mexico was told by Tulsa they would be offering him and then found someone they liked better. It happens sometimes to good players all over the country. Competition and what talent is surrounding the player. At St.Thomas they have some of the best talent in the country and that might have a lot to do with his production. He is thin and not overly big. His release is sorta side arm which may hurt him along with the team running a wing T offense.

My guess is someone takes Easton Bruere late when they miss out on other targets.

Reaction Score
If a kid doesn't have a single offer at any level, maybe, just maybe, there's a reason for it.

I have had the same concerns about many of UConn's recruits for years. Could that be why it frustratingly seems our ceiling is not that high?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think the staff is trying to find another QB. We need another QB for the depth chart. Tried to sway the kid committed to FAU (or FIU...I get those two mixed up all the time) but he stayed firm. But I agree with the folks who have said that they probably don't have any offers for a reason. Could be a character issue. Grades. Injury. They may want to start in their FR year and will not accept anything less. Or that these kids just don't fit in the offensive system that we want to eventually run.

Reaction Score
I think the staff is trying to find another QB. We need another QB for the depth chart. Tried to sway the kid committed to FAU (or FIU...I get those two mixed up all the time) but he stayed firm. But I agree with the folks who have said that they probably don't have any offers for a reason. Could be a character issue. Grades. Injury. They may want to start in their FR year and will not accept anything less. Or that these kids just don't fit in the offensive system that we want to eventually run.
This particular kid has A average... probably a character issue... Too bad.. He seems to be a competitor..

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I have had the same concerns about many of UConn's recruits for years. Could that be why it frustratingly seems our ceiling is not that high?

But if our recruit was the captain of his basketball team and had an offer from Lehigh, this place would be drooling over them.

Reaction Score
It coudn't hurt depth and competition to at least extend a preferred walk on spot right? I'm thinking they both would just at the chance for ANYTHING at the next level.

Reaction Score
QB is tough, many kids commit early summer and thus schools fill up their spots quick. Most schools only take one per year. I'm sure both will play in college somewhere.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
But if our recruit was the captain of his basketball team and had an offer from Lehigh, this place would be drooling over them.

Yeah guys like Kendall Reyes, Mike Ryan, Jordan Toddman, Zach Hurd, Lawrence Wilson, Lindsey Witten, these guys were all awful. Who wants NFL draft picks and camp invites on your roster.. we needed more guys like Dwayne Difton...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yeah guys like Kendall Reyes, Mike Ryan, Jordan Toddman, Zach Hurd, Lawrence Wilson, Lindsey Witten, these guys were all awful. Who wants NFL draft picks and camp invites on your roster.. we needed more guys like Dwayne Difton...

Such a tired argument. Cite our under recruited diamonds in the rough found and coached up by Edsall and then bury your head in the sand.

Reaction Score
This is an interesting case as New Mexico is an under the radar football state. Rivals doesn't even have a state ranking list. With the state so large with a small population and few FBS prospects, I can't imagine there are many college recruiters scouting the state.

There are 2 FBS schools in New Mexico, but no FCS programs, so there are very limited in-state college football opportunities. (There are 3 D2 schools, but no D3 schools in New Mexico.) In addition, both New Mexico and New Mexico St. recruited multiple QBs last year and New Mexico is bringing in a JUCO QB this year, so QB does not seem to be a position of need for either team.

I can see how he may not have any football scholarships even if he was an FBS caliber QB.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Such a tired argument. Cite our under recruited diamonds in the rough found and coached up by Edsall and then bury your head in the sand.

And I'm sick of people pining after all that 4 and 5 star talent that supposedly will turn everything around.

I'm also sick of hearing about the lack of talent and how poor Coach Diaco and poor Coach PP can't win because of lack of talent. If Edsall could find and develop high level all-league talent and NFL draft picks at UConn.. there' s no reason Diaco can't either... if anything our recruiting rankings have gone up since Edsall left and apparently the talent on the field has gone down.

There's a ton of football talent out there... when you get hired at a school like UConn your job is to friggen find those guys that everyone else misses... because for the most part you just aren't going to get those 4 and 5 star kids everyone already knows about.

Reaction Score
And I'm sick of people pining after all that 4 and 5 star talent that supposedly will turn everything around.

I'm also sick of hearing about the lack of talent and how poor Coach Diaco and poor Coach PP can't win because of lack of talent. If Edsall could find and develop high level all-league talent and NFL draft picks at UConn.. there' s no reason Diaco can't either... if anything our recruiting rankings have gone up since Edsall left and apparently the talent on the field has gone down.

There's a ton of football talent out there... when you get hired at a school like UConn your job is to friggen find those guys that everyone else misses... because for the most part you just aren't going to get those 4 and 5 star kids everyone already knows about.

Actually Diaco's job in terms of recruiting is much tougher than Edsall's.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'd agree.. but I'd argue that reinforces my point.

No it doesn't. You said if Edsall could find and develop all league talent and NFL draft picks at UConn, there's no reason Diaco can't. I'd say conference realignment begs to differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom