Why is Senior Day the 2nd to last game? | The Boneyard

Why is Senior Day the 2nd to last game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
And not the last game against USF?

Sorry in advance for my ignorance (I spend almost all of my time on the men's board).

BUHusky

Reaction Score
To have it on a weekend
Interesting. Has Geno always done it that way? I know the men do it the last home game (which is always at Gampel) no matter if it is a weekend or weeknight.

Also, thanks for your quick response.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Has Geno always done it that way? I know the men do it the last home game (which is always at Gampel) no matter if it is a weekend or weeknight.

Also, thanks for your quick response.
Not sure on the past. Also not 100.0% sure on my reason - that's what some other women's board posters said a while back.

Reaction Score
And not the last game against USF?

Sorry in advance for my ignorance (I spend almost all of my time on the men's board).
You just PO a lot of folks on the men's board with this one. ;) You may want to go with something other than ignorance next time. :D

BUHusky

Reaction Score
You just PO a lot of folks on the men's board with this one. ;) You may want to go with something other than ignorance next time. :D
I'm ignorant when it comes to Geno's Senior Day traditions. I don't think that will piss off any of my brethren over the men's board ;)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I'm ignorant when it comes to Geno's Senior Day traditions. I don't think that will piss off any of my brethren over the men's board ;)
It varies, but, there seems to be a preference for a weekend game, so the families can travel without missing work or school - there also seems to be a preference for Gampel over Hartford, so the student presence is greater. And, perhaps a preference for daytime games as opposed to weeknight.

Reaction Score
It varies, but, there seems to be a preference for a weekend game, so the families can travel without missing work or school - there also seems to be a preference for Gampel over Hartford, so the student presence is greater. And, perhaps a preference for daytime games as opposed to weeknight.

I thought the seniors chose where. Maybe they have an option about when.

Reaction Score
It's also possible that Geno wants his starting five intact for the game versus South Florida. However, that is most likely a secondary issue.

Reaction Score
I thought it has been the last regular season weekend game at Gampel for a while now.

Reaction Score
I would think most Huskies fans would be happy it's the Saturday game. The South Florida game is on ESPN2, and there's zero chance that they would show the ceremony, whereas SNY is showing it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It's also possible that Geno wants his starting five intact for the game versus South Florida. However, that is most likely a secondary issue.
And not driven by the emotion of Sr. Night which can cause some ragged play.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Not sure on the past. Also not 100.0% sure on my reason - that's what some other women's board posters said a while back.
You're spot on on your reason, it's easier for parents and family members to attend on weekends as opposed to weekdays and most schools have their Senior Night on weekends even if they have Home games left on the schedule. Temple had their Senior Night, the night of the UConn game, because they knew that would be their best attended game of the season, even though it wasn't a weekend. They set an attendance record that night.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I would think most Huskies fans would be happy it's the Saturday game. The South Florida game is on ESPN2, and there's zero chance that they would show the ceremony, whereas SNY is showing it.

Bingo!

Reaction Score
I agree on the weekend thing but I also think if Monday night's game was against one of the conference patsies we'd see Senior Night being the last regular season game at home, which I think has been tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom