Why is Fox Sports so terrible? | The Boneyard

Why is Fox Sports so terrible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I get that some people blame ESPN for UConn's CR plight.

ESPN can still broadcast a game. NBCSN does a great job with the EPL and NHL from a broadcasting standpoint.

Why when I'm watching sports on FOX do I have to actively attempt to not change the station. Everything about their game broadcasts sucks.

If the WWC was on ESPN or NBC I'd watch twice as much. Getting through a FOX Sports 1 Big 12 game is a chore.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that Fox Sports is trying very hard to have a good product. As far as college basketball goes, they have Bill Raftery as an analyst and they picked up Tim Brando last year to do play by play. Gus Johnson is one of the best play by play guys in the business as well, so they have a lot going for them as far as in game coverage goes. I think the problem with FS1 and FS2 is that they are still relatively new stations and ESPN is the publics number one choice when it comes to sports. They have been trying hard to get more viewers for Fox Sports Live which is their version of Sportscenter by penetrating the NY market. Just recently they were simulcasting Fox Sports Live on the YES Network and the addition of Mike Francesa proves they are begging for exposure in the New York area. People hate on ESPN all the time but I cant ever see networks like Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports Network, or CBS Sports ever being on the same level as ESPN.

Reaction Score
Whenever I watch a college football game on Fox, it seems that the mantra of the production staff is to make the viewer feel like he has a seat in the crowd or on the sideline. Immediately after a big play the screen cuts to fan reaction in the crowd & the crowd noise is hyped. Distracts from actual viewing of events on the playing surface.

Reaction Score
The production quality for the recent soccer games...USWNT and USMNT has been horrid. The U-20 world cup put on at 330 in the morning in New Zealand looks better than there World Cup games in Canada. I thought it was Frontier at first but everyone has been having isses.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that Fox Sports is trying very hard to have a good product. As far as college basketball goes, they have Bill Raftery as an analyst and they picked up Tim Brando last year to do play by play. Gus Johnson is one of the best play by play guys in the business as well, so they have a lot going for them as far as in game coverage goes. I think the problem with FS1 and FS2 is that they are still relatively new stations and ESPN is the publics number one choice when it comes to sports. They have been trying hard to get more viewers for Fox Sports Live which is their version of Sportscenter by penetrating the NY market. Just recently they were simulcasting Fox Sports Live on the YES Network and the addition of Mike Francesa proves they are begging for exposure in the New York area. People hate on ESPN all the time but I cant ever see networks like Fox Sports 1, NBC Sports Network, or CBS Sports ever being on the same level as ESPN.
Out of pure idle curiosity, why do you use the phrase "can't ever" when posting about about something that, theoretically, is possible? Nothing against you personally, just that you happened to be in the way at the time of my idle imagining (not that I don't ever do anything productive, although that's a judgement call).

Reaction Score
I, myself, can't ever see Fishy transforming into a Caitlin and becoming a sideline reporter...it is theoretically possible.

The use of "can't ever" seems to describe his state of belief (can't ever see). He could have said just "I can't see"...the added "ever" is an emphatic.

Reaction Score
Out of pure idle curiosity, why do you use the phrase "can't ever" when posting about about something that, theoretically, is possible? Nothing against you personally, just that you happened to be in the way at the time of my idle imagining (not that I don't ever do anything productive, although that's a judgement call).
I, myself, can't ever see Fishy transforming into a Caitlin and becoming a sideline reporter...it is theoretically possible.

The use of "can't ever" seems to describe his state of belief (can't ever see). He could have said just "I can't see"...the added "ever" is an emphatic.

Yep, it's another slow news day on the CR Board. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Reaction Score
As far as broadcasts go, I think the networks are all about the same. ESPN has a lot of other stuff going on and many times it's simply overkill, in my opinion. Every talking head there has his own opinion and many of them just love to hear themselves talk ad nauseam. Mike & Mike are classic examples of that. In the end, I could do without all the analysis and would prefer to simply watch a game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
During FS1's halftime hihglights of the USMNT, the video was seriously messed up. It was like they compressed the replay views and changed the framerate, or something. It just looked off. I have no idea how a professional broadcast network could put something so amateur looking on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom