Why don't we block out? | The Boneyard

Why don't we block out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You see this in game after game. The ball goes up. We don't put a body on anyone. An opponent goes freely to the ball. Last night we didn't box out on a crucial free throw.

You can get a many rebounds below the rim if you box out. It's just not that hard. Yale did it beautifully.

It's not a secret, announcers mention it almost every game. We have had trouble rebounding for a long time. Boxing out would seem to be rebounding 101. But we just don't do it. The ball goes up, we jump.

This thread is no so much about the Duke game as it is a general observation. I am not saying this is our biggest area of concern. But it is frustrating to watch because it seems an easy thing to fix.

Reaction Score
I thought at times we were boxing out. On the free throw, the Duke player in my opinion went through our player. They were taller than us at every position. On one rebound, Okafor was boxed out and reached over our player for the rebound. Normally might be called over the back but it is Duke.....

Reaction Score
There's so many things that need to improve. Slowly, we're getting there. We had a problem with rebounding last year and KO made it go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom