Why don't P5 conferences just kick out their non-performing members? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why don't P5 conferences just kick out their non-performing members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
College football should adopt a similar rule to the English Premeir league...
Bottom team from each league is relegated to a G5 conference. Top team from each of the G5 leagues is promoted...
Talk about adding some interest.

Reaction Score
College football should adopt a similar rule to the English Premeir league...
Bottom team from each league is relegated to a G5 conference. Top team from each of the G5 leagues is promoted...
Talk about adding some interest.

Could work. You'd need affiliations, though. Say MAC/B1G, AAC/ACC, SEC/Sun Belt, B12/CUSA, PAC-12/MWC. Boom, perfect.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Y
Umm, no. We will battling programs like Rutgers and crushing programs like Syracuse, Pitt and BC.
Rutgers is miles ahead of us football-wise. And BC, Pitt, and Cuse are in the ACC, we wouldn't play them.

Reaction Score
No way any current P5 school with major investment in infrastructure votes to take the risk. There is no benefit for the bottom half of each conference .

pj

Reaction Score
I believe that the University of Chicago would be automatically re-admitted to the B1G if they decided to start playing actual sports again.

UConn should merge with U of Chicago. Storrs would be UofC UConn 's East Campus. Get the BiG invite. B-Ball plays in NYC and Chicago. Football too!

The University of Chicago-Storrs. It's a match made in a Coventry bar at 2 am. I like it!

Reaction Score
Umm, no. We will battling programs like Rutgers and crushing programs like Syracuse, Pitt and BC.

How do you figure? Basketball...yes, but football I don't think so. I think you guys would beat the top teams in the B1G overall, in basketball, but football, perhaps not. So, i was Just asking.

Reaction Score
How do you figure? Basketball...yes, but football I don't think so. I think you guys would beat the top teams in the B1G overall, in basketball, but football, perhaps not. So, i was Just asking.
I'm an RU fan and I took it in its context as a compliment here!?! UConn FB is recovering from a terrible hire with PP but a few playmakers and they would be as competitive as Md and us in short order if HCBD pans out. Be happy were not in this position for now and let CR pan itself out. Remember they beat us last time with PP!!

Reaction Score
I'm an RU fan and I took it in its context as a compliment here!?! UConn FB is recovering from a terrible hire with PP but a few playmakers and they would be as competitive as Md and us in short order if HCBD pans out. Be happy were not in this position for now and let CR pan itself out. Remember they beat us last time with PP!!
Exactly. PP literally killed the program. With B1G revenue, UConn surely has the resources, commitment, track record now for getting guys to the NFL, and brand name(from hoops) to be very competitive in short order. Geography probably prohibits us from ever being top tier, but there is no doubt that UConn can compete on a national level.

Reaction Score
Y

Rutgers is miles ahead of us football-wise. And BC, Pitt, and Cuse are in the ACC, we wouldn't play them.
Rutgers is one coach ahead of us in terms of growth. With Edsall, UConn was right there and a good coach with B1G affiliation would get us back to that level in one recruiting cycle. In terms of Pitt, Cuse, and BC, we wouldn't play them on the field but certainly would be recruiting against them. If we were in the B1G, we would crush them in recruiting and isolate atleast BC and Cuse to no man's land.

Reaction Score
There's a 0% chance that the B1G would dump a national brand like Indiana, even if such a thing were feasible.

As I understand it, it's written into the B1G's bylaws that founding members can't be removed anyway. I believe that the University of Chicago would be automatically re-admitted to the B1G if they decided to start playing actual sports again.

FTR - Indiana is not a founding member of the B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom